Chapter 2

My chest rises with the inhale of cancer sticks and the burn of January's cold. He placed the cig on my lips, his fingers linger as I take a drag. It's a long one to clear my head even though it just freezes.
"Molly your gonna die from those things" jade pipes up.
"Spoiler alert, we all die" mumbles V.
"Just like you will choking on dick. Wasn't talking to you by the way" jade squeals and I have to laugh. Jades is a itty , bitty ball of innocence. me and V swear she's wrapped in the ever graces of God and kittens or at least dipped in a river of purification at birth like Achilles. Never has she touched cancer sticks, alcohol, drugs, porn, or anything that God can't purify.
"God where the hell is Maxi?" I spoke glancing around and the street of yellow and slow cars.
Lee took the cig from my lips and took a drag
" Said he was down 5th"
" He better hurry his ass up." shivered V.

10 minuets later we see the familiar black long hair pulled back into a neon hair tie. He had a stupid grin and cig on his lips. He was neither Hispanic or asian which confused the shit out of us no matter how handsome he was. Plus he never told us where he originated except from his joke of being a sex God alien, partially for the fact he never met his parents.
"Maxi I will burn you to warm my frozen ass up" yelled V cracking a smile as she threw a burned out cig at him.
"Well hey there baby girl I missed you too."
"Bullshit we all know you've missed me the most" piped lee flashing his pearly whites and busted lip.
"Oh course my sunshine. Now who busted thy lip of my little fag?"
"Fathers fat ass." He rolled his eyes. maxi grabbed lees jaw and tilted it towards the street light. Lee came out two years ago with an explosion of fabulous and glitter. His father is an priest with a stick up his ass ironically. See the problem.
"fuck he got you good"
"Yea with a goddamn bible. again"
Maxi layer a light peck on the bust. He's not gay just affectionate. He protects lee above everything.
"There all better. lets go?"

We were rowdy. Tearing through the city at a run. We dodged in and out of the throbs of people , around the cars in the street, not once tripping on a food stand or pothole. We knew the city by the back of our hand. There were only two entrances we needed one on 24th and one on east. We were racing to get to rats treasure. First one there got the first pic of the things rat stole that day. Rats treasure was just a hang out we used in an abandoned track of the subway line. It was an old station with one subway originally closed down because of methane gas. Soon as it was cleared safe all the meatheads and bums tried to claim it but rat got it first. He lets runaways and lost kids stay there as long as they provide. He's kinda like peterpan. Literally with ginger hair and elvish grin.
I swung a left and slid in between people. One lady cried out by me barely bumping her. People these days.
I was about to enter the subway when I caught eye of that damned neon yellow hair tie.
"Better luck next time sunshine. " He spat a grin and disappeard underground.