𝖢𝖳𝖮: 𝖳𝗁𝖾 𝖫𝖾𝗍𝗍𝖾𝗋

𝙲𝚃𝙾: 𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝚃𝚆𝙾
𝓢𝐚𝐠𝐞 𝓐𝐛𝐫𝐚𝐡𝐦𝐬 ' 𝑫𝒐𝒍𝒄𝒆 '
03.16.21 | Crown's House

ɴᴏᴡ ᴘʟᴀʏɪɴɢ;;Dolce's Feelings Playlist𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗟𝗘𝗧𝗧𝗘𝗥 ♫ 𝗞𝗘𝗛𝗟𝗔𝗡𝗜

ɴᴏᴡ ᴘʟᴀʏɪɴɢ;;
Dolce's Feelings Playlist
𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗟𝗘𝗧𝗧𝗘𝗥 ♫ 𝗞𝗘𝗛𝗟𝗔𝗡𝗜

With her head against the leather couch cushion, Sage's eyes were glued on the TV

With her head against the leather couch cushion, Sage's eyes were glued on the TV. Her feet were in Crown's lap while he wrote in the notebook he wrote poems in. Every so often he'd run his hand up her leg or rub her feet to show her some sort of attention while he was focused on writing.

Sage loved the gesture, especially since he came out of his room to come sit with her out in the living room. She preferred to watch TV on the big flat screen in his living room than on the smaller TV in his bedroom. It was easier for her to read the subtitles on the big screen when she didn't want to have her hearing aids in. Crown always commented on how it was crazy she would watch TV in complete silence and only use subtitles to know what was going on. Her family said the same thing, but there were times she'd rather not have either of her hearing aids in.

In one ear, Sage was hard of hearing, and in the other she was completely deaf. Sage had what her doctors called asymmetrical hearing loss since the effects of her hearing loss was different in each ear.

When Sage was around five, she got pneumonia, which led to her going deaf in one ear and nearly deaf in the other. Since then, she wore a hearing aid in the ear she had some hearing in, then a cochlear for the ear she had zero hearing in. There were still challenges with hearing regardless if she had her aids in, but they were a tremendous help.

Sage's family, best friend, and her other close friend knew sign language, and it helped on the days she wasn't up for having either aids in. The older she got, the more she accepted her condition. She could communicate with her mouth or through sign language, and she could read lips, hear with her aids, and understand sign language. There were many ways to get past her hearing loss, leaving her to not mind it as much anymore. If anything, she found peace in the quiet, especially because she couldn't really remember hearing.