Rotors full of dreams

It was the early morning and Medix was organizing things on the medbay. Later, he heard his mentor, Blades, enter the room, rubbing his optics. "Mornin' Medix..." Blades said sleepily. "Oh! Good morning Mentor Blades! You look rather tired." Medix said. Blades chuckled and got out his tablet to do early work on before class starts.

One thing Medix knew very well about Blades was that he could transform into a helicopter. Because of this, the older mech had two rotors attached to his back, which he can use outside of being a helicopter. Medix starred intensely at Blades' back, concentrating on the pattern of the rotors. Blades looked behind him to see the little medic starring at his back. "Medix? Are you alright?" Blades asked, sounding concerned as he turned around. Medix kept his optics on Blades' rotors as Blades walked around, looking at the little medic. "I'll be right back sir." Medix explained before rushing to his room, much to Blades' confusion.

After a while, Medix came out of his room. "Ah! Great timing Medix! It's time for cla- erm, Medix?" Blades asked, noticing that there were what appeared to be rotors on the little medic's back. "Oh, if your asking about the rotors Professor, i believe you use your rotors for other purposes, yes?" Medix asked. "Well, yes...but your not a helicopter, are you Medix?" Blades asked. Medix shook his head. "No, but i believe i can use them for other purposes!" Medix said.

"Alright, if that's the case..." The older mech led his young mentee outside to a pile of leaves. "Medix, could you use your rotors to clean up these leaves please?" Blades asked. "Yes sir!" Medix exclaimed as he attempted to turn his rotors on, only to be met with nothing. "Um...must be a delay! It will surely wo-" Before he knew it, Medix was sent flying backwards to the wall of the school. Blades, knowing that his trainee could end up in danger, chased after the flying medic.

"Medix! Do you know how to turn the rotors off?" Blades called out. Medix blinked as he kept flying around. It was something he hadn't thought about. "Um...no!" Medix called out before he flew up to the sky, heading up very high. "Hang on Medix! I'll come to get you!" Blades called out as he transformed into his helicopter form and flew up. Medix kept flying higher and higher as the rotors started to smoke. Blades manged to catch up to the little medic and detransformed to hold Medix in his arms.

Blades ripped the smoking rotors off Medix's back and threw it in the sky as it bkew up. The older mech used his rotors to gently float as he looked at the small medic in his arms, who had passed out. "Medix..." Blades said softly as he floated back down to Cybertron, taking the little medic into the school. Medix slowly woke up, finding himself in his mentor's arms. "Professor?..." Medix looked up at his mentor, who looked down at the little medic. "Medix? Are you hurt?" He asked softly. "No..i don't believe so.." Medix looked down sadly. "I'm terribly sorry Sir, i just wanted to be just like you.." Blades smiled softly. "I understand, Medix. But sometimes, it's best to wait until we truly know what we're working on. But don't worry, eventually, i will teach you how to make real rotors." Blades smiled as he put his mentee down. "Yes sir." Medix replied as they both walked off to class.