Debut

CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO

D-5

Of course we went out shopping. But we had to keep it "lowkey" since there might have been fans. However, we didn't care about any of it. We were human as well. The truth is...no one knew we were slowly falling in love with each other. And even we didn't know it.

It was after walking inside one store that so many girls were swarming over us. I held on tight to Jake for dear life. And that was the most terrifying experience that I ever had.

We came home empty-handed and still traumatized that so many girls were following and running and chasing us around. I mean...it's not all that bad...unless you have the characteristics of a sasaeng, a term that Koreans like to call crazy, not-so-innocent obsessed fans. Jake and I cuddled up on the couch. It was strange because ever since we were in I-LAND, we hadn't been in touch and close with each other and were too busy training and reaching for our dream. And in five days, that dream was close to coming true.

"Y/N," he said, gently, "I need you to promise me one thing. Just so that you would know after we debut."

"Yes...?" I replied, looking up at him with smirking eyes.

"Please don't change...I want to see the same girl that I once met before I-LAND. I want to tell my fans that I knew a girl named Y/N, and that she was a smart and funny girl that could do anything she set her mind to."

"I don't want you to change either," I said, rubbing his cheeks, "I want to tell my fans that I knew a beautiful and happy boy named Jake. Someone that is gentle and kind and the one that speaks of life to younger audiences."

Jake's soft hand cupped my left cheek. He was about to pull me in for a kiss when we were suddenly interrupted by Heeseung.

"We have to go," he said, panting and quickly putting on a blazer,"Our rehearsal is in an hour!"

We didn't consider it. Jake pulled me a little closer. Sunoo then sighed lovingly, as if he was a lover of love. And that was acceptable for us. Only...I found that his fandom came from one of the girls: Lara.

As we were waiting in the lobby of HYBE Building, I noticed a black and tan pomeranian puppy staring at me at about four feet away. He tilted his head and then pranced towards me with his tiny paws. I didn't notice, but he then jumped on my knee, making a light growl. I picked him up and held him high in the air. He was as light as a feather. As I cradled him, he laid his nose on my chest and kept nuzzling my nose.

By then, the rest of the girls were all drooling over him. We were giving him just enough attention for a little puppy. Suddenly, a young man entered and knelt down in front of me, softly smiling.

"This is Yeontan," he said with a Korean accent.

It was expected, since not everyone can speak English. But this guy seemed to be speaking it perfectly. His face was as pretty as a girl, his jawline was right, and his eyes were bright and sparkly.

I then let him have Yeontan, the name of the puppy. It took us a bit...but we realized that it was Kim Taehyung of BTS.

"Oppa?" I whispered.

Taehyung then carressed my head and he walked away with his puppy in his arms. It seemed he had left all of us girls blushing and squealing. And that was a good thing.

.

.

.

D-4

I rested in my bedroom. Holly, my best friend, walked in and sat down next to me.