002

"Porque cuando te vi

Recordé lo que grabamos en el DVD"

Gabriela POV

It was already 9:00 a.m. and I had just finished getting ready so I could make my way to the airport. I made my way down the stairs into the living room where I had my suitcase and my bag ready. I went towards the sliding door that led out into the patio when I noticed that on the TV shelve, there was a photo frame that was turned down. I walked towards it placing my phone on the couch so I would fix it but realized which photo it was. It was a photo of my father, my mother, my 3 other siblings and me. It was the day my mother gave birth to my little sister, the day we found out that my father had cancer.

7 years ago

We could hear cries from the other side of the bedroom door letting us know that a new addition to my family was born. The doctor came out of the room telling me that both my mother and my new baby sister were both healthy and in good condition and that we could now enter the room. I turned around and I could see my other two siblings, Santiago and Rafael, standing with wide smiles eager to enter the room.

We followed the doctor into the room where my mother was holding the baby and my father was sitting beside them. "Mom?" I said as I carefully making my way towards her. "Mi hija, come and meet your baby sister," she said with that sparkle of happiness in her eyes and the beautiful smile she always had. "What's her name?" I asked as I took hold of her. "Isabella Sofia Rodriguez, we named her after you my love," my father said as he held my mother's hand. I felt my eyes getting watery and soon enough tears were running down my cheeks. My two younger brothers went up the bed to cuddle with my mother as I gave Isabella back to her. My father had asked me to go with him to do business but as he was getting up from the bed, but I noticed that he was off. "Papa estas bien?" I asked as I took hold of him. "Yes of course..." he said but as he said that he started to faint. I screamed for the nurses to come and see what was happening. When the nurses came in, they called a nurse to bring them a bed so they could take him to get checked. I kept up my pace behind them as they took him to another room. They told me that I had to wait for them to finish so I could enter.

I was growing impatient until a doctor came to me to tell me what was going on. "I don't know how to say this but um the cause of your father fainting was because he has cancer. The cancer has taken over him and it's too late to do something. We could give him chemotherapy but it's too risky because his heart rate is too low, if we give him the chemotherapy with his heart rate low, he could die."

Present day

I snapped back into reality when I heard my phone ringing, I check the caller ID and saw that it was Alejandro calling me. "Hello?" I said as I answered the call. "G you ready I'm waiting outside." He said as I grabbed my bag and suitcase and started to make my way toward the front door and ended the phone call. "You got everything ready?" I asked him as I reach the car. "Yeah everything is ready Carlo is informed that you will be going to Madrid as soon as the business in Barcelona is finished, and also the FC Barcelona is informed that you are making your way there today with an offer. The men have reached the airport and are now leaving so they could meet us in Barcelona." Alejandro said as he placed my suitcase at the back of the car and opened the door for me so I could get in. "Thanks, Ale," I said giving him thanks for opening the car door and for having everything settled.

Alejandro and Gustavo are both my right hand, their father worked for my father when my father passed away their father retired and they took in their spot. Alejandro is the same age as me and Gustavo is a year older than me. they have stood by me through thick and thin and have always helped me in my worst, I know I could count on them and I could trust them with anything.

As we were on our way to the airport, I decided to call my mother to let her know that I was going to Madrid. "Hi Mom," I said as she answered my call. "Hi sweetheart is everything ok?" She said a little bit worried. "Yes, everything is fine I was just calling you to let you know that I would be paying a little visit to Madrid, I just have to do some business in Barcelona and as soon as I am finished, I am heading to Madrid," I said to her as I started fiddling with my necklace. "Oh, that's amazing news, I will tell your siblings and will have your room freshen up so you can stay with us. Be careful sweetheart ok" my mother said sounding excited. "Gracias Mama," I said ending the call as we entered the airport gates.

I stepped out of the car and saw Gustavo waiting for me on the stairs. I hugged him and made our way inside the plane. "So, what's your plan?" Gustavo said as were already in the sky. "Well convincing them will be a bit hard I know that but having them desperate for the money is an advantage for us. They are a Euro away from hitting a 2.5 million Euro debt. I mean 2.5 million dollars is nothing for us, it's like giving me a $5 bill. My point is that I will show them the contract and I will offer to pay off the debt for them but only if they agree to sign the contract that says that wherever they travel the merchandise will be trafficked. The group of players which includes, Pablo Gavi, Robert Lewandowski, Pedri, Raphinha, Frenkie de Jong, Ronald Araújo, Sergi Roberto, Marc Ter Stegen, Alejandro Balde, and João Félix along with Xavi Hernandez will be the ones responsible for making the exchanges." I explained to them as I gave them a folder each where a copy of the contract was.

"And are you sure they would make a perfect group to make the exchange?" Alejandro said he sat up straight looking at me. "Perfect no but who said they wouldn't make a great group to make the exchange? Look I know you guys don't trust me with this plan but please please I am begging you to trust me even if you don't, please trust me." I begged them as I looked at them with a sincere face. "We vowed to be your right-hand G, you know it is our job to trust in you and to protect you even if you can protect yourself. We made a promise to your father, may he rest in peace, to always be there for you." Alejandro said having Gustavo agree with him.

Therest of the flight was as usual the three of them played FIFA, and chess andwatched a movie that Gabriela picked. When they were about to land a flight attendantcame to them and informed them that they were 30 minutes from landing, thisonly made Gabriela even more nervous instead of being confident. The boysassured her that everything would go according to plan but something in herstomach told her otherwise.