Scattered papers

(BEEBEE'S POV)

It's dark. We walk through the hallway as the lights flicker on and off.

"How do we find the notes? How many even are there?! We don't know how big this maze is!" I whisper

"Yeah I knowh...thaht crazy lady didn't even giv us instructons." Rico whispers back to me, taking another bite of his protein bar.

We reach the end of the hallway, and to the left is a dark room with three hallways and a huge pillar in the middle. There, I spot on of the notes.
"Aha!" I walk over and rip the note from the concrete. "Rico, you hold the papers."

"Whuh?? Why me vro.."

I shove the note in his chest. "Because i can't trust you to actually do anything else, Now hold it."

He grabs it and puts the protein bar in his pocket. He doesn't respond, and just narrows his eyes.

We continue to walk down a few paths, trying to see in the dimly lit maze. just then, I hear footsteps. Not walking, running. It's far away, but I can still hear. "..did you hear that?"

"Her what.." he groans, not taking me seriously.

"I heard footsteps! Do you think that was the creature that detective was talking about?" I look around cautiously.

"Dunnou.." Rico murmurs, walking away.

"Hey? HEY! where are you going?!" I run after him. "God can you stop that?"

"What?!? Whaut am I doing??" He yells, I quickly shush him.

"SHH! god. You keep doing things without telling me, it's annoying!"

"Well u we're taking to longh. I wana do someting els." He continues to walk past me, I become aggravated.

"Look, im just trying to make sure we make it out without being mauled by whatever is in this maze with us! It's not my fault that you won't cooperate!" I snap at him.

"Oh, I won't cooperate.. I'm srrory, Ihm just trying to get this OVER WIHT!" He yells back.

"Well we would get this over with FASTER if you would just LISTEN TO ME!" I stomp towards him.

"I wold but ur so LAYM! All u do is boss ovr me! What is ur PORBLEM?!" He walks towards me aswell,

As this point we get in each other's face. We glare at each other, but then the tension is broken with the sound of running behind us.

We look back, and we see five red dots all next to each other shining in the distance. As they get closer, a dark figure comes out of the shadows and into the flickering yellow light.

It stops for a second, and then rushes towards us.

"AUH!!!" We both scream, racing down the hallway. We in counter another room with multiple paths. In a panic, I grab Rico's arm and quickly rush down the middle.

"RICO!!! PLEASE TELL ME YOU'RE STILL HOLDING ONTO THAT NOTE!" I panic and look back at him as he struggles to keep up after being caught of guard.

"OF COURRSE I AM!" his voice is shaky, and he waves the note back and forth. We finally reach a tiny room with an actual door!

We rush inside and find whatever we can to barricade it. We use an old rusty metal chair.

We sit down, catching our breath.

"It owmost sliped from my paw.. u shoudlo take it." He huffs, out of breath.

"So, im carrying the notes from here, huh?" I softly speak, too tired to even be mad anymore.

"Ur more careful! What was thaut thing u were saying about the whole.." he rotates his paw trying to think, "y'know!!"

"..that's.." I stand up and grab the note. "That's actually, fair."

"Goodd! So can we actaully work togeter now??"

"If you will-" I stop myself, not wanting to start another argument. "Yeah. Yeah whatever."

I fold the note and place my paw against my glass. "We need to figure something out."

We look at each other for a moment.

"Okay, how about this." I place my paw on his shoulder. "I hold the notes, you lead the way."

He looks at me, and then averts his eyes, thinking about it. "Deal!" He blurts out.

After finally coming to an agreement, I remove the metal chair from the door and look out the hallway. "Looks like that thing left."

"I thought I wus leadin the way." Rico says. He sounds angry, but in a more playful way this time.

"Uhuh.." I sigh, moving aside for him. He proudly steps into the hallway and we walk down. Each room we pass we find another note, with no idea on how many notes that detective wanted us to collect, we decide on ten.

"Fousnd one!" He hands me another note.

"What is that, like..the ninth one?" I flip through and count the notes in my paws. "Yep, one more to go." I sigh in relief, Rico does the same.

"Whey, I think the last on shoudl be...at the edn of this hallway!" He points, but then he thinks to himself. "Isn't rhat the entrance?"

"Can't be, the entrance lead to a completely different room." I walk down the hallway as Rico follows behind me.

I turn left and am greeted with a dead end, but also the last note Laying on the floor.

"WOAH! AWESOME!" I grab it while my tail wags.

"YWAY WE CAN FINALLY LEEBE!!!" Rico laughs, we both celebrate!

Until, I notice a black trail on the floor. "Ha..haha..was that always there?"

"Was what alwuys where" rico looks around, and then notices the black trail aswell. OH, what the" we both hear the footsteps again.

"Oh my god."

We both look at the hallway. There is is again, that creature.