Begining of the new journey

Nandini's pov
          "Good morning mam" employees of my office wished me as I entered my office. I nodded at them and just entered my cabin calling out for my secretary. He entered with a diary and a tab in his hand and I asked him what was lined up for today.

"We have a meeting with Mr. Raichand and later have an event of Malhotra industries where you need to visit" Aman replied. I mumbled a thank you indicating him to leave . As he went out, I prepared myself for the meeting noting down some important points and checked out some emails replying to the important ones. I checked some files and made necessary corrections before handing over the file to one of the employees making her understand what she needs to do. Soon I left for the meeting with Mr. Raichand with my team which was in a hotel.

"Hello Ms. Murthy.Nice to meet you" he greeted with an extended hand and I accepted it with a smile greeting him back. He was a big name in the business world under construction project and marketing company. We discussed the points of the deal and my team presented the presentation. I checked in all the points of agreements and expressed my view. I smirked looking at Mr. Raichand's impressed face. After all, we are also the best interior designing company in the country. After a few discussions we confirmed the deal and had a small talk here and there.

"Ms. Murthy are you coming to the event of malhotra industries tonight?" he asked after he was done with his food. I simply nodded indicating a yes and he smiled creepily making me scrunch my eyebrows in confusion asking him why.

"Well if you don't mind if you could join me to the event it would be great,afterall it's time to leave." he replied clearly wanting to make a move. I sensed the eyes of my employees on me and I glared at them as a warning to which they lower their head and concentrated on their food.

"Sorry Mr. Raichand. I have come here with my employees and I need to drop them to the office and get ready for the event. I cannot join you today. I'll see you directly at the event" I turned down his offer clearly not interested in his company on my way to the event. Well he was my age and single but he was too arrogant of himself for me to like him. I looked at his face which looked a little angry at the rejection.

"You're getting  a chance to spend time with the owner of the best company of marketing and you dare to reject me when I myself have shown interest in you" he growled in anger. I was honestly not surprised to hear that cause he was one big of a jerk but contrary to my reaction my team members were surprised at his tone and they looked at me in wait for my reply. I  blinked my eyes at them and turned to Mr. Raichand with a stern expression.

"You might be the owner of the best marketing company but I am also the owner of the best interior designing company Mr. Raichand. I have built this company with my own hard work and have not been born with a silver spoon like you. I have worked hard and if you've forgotten you're the one to initiate this deal as you were impressed with our work and not me. If a mere rejection of me turning down for an event made you this angry then I'm not the one who would deal with this arrogance of yours. It was a great deal, Mr. Raichand.See you later." I stood off wrapping up not even bothering to glance at him once as my team also stood up and we left from there. It must have hurt is manly ego but little did I care.

We all were seated in my car as I drove to the office. They were all silent sensing my off mood and I preferred that.

"It was a great presentation guys, well done. I would drop you here and you can take a break for today as a reward for your good work. They all smiled and nodded getting out of the car. I drove back to my house and saw I received a parcel for the dress I have to wear. I got ready with a beautiful black dress with a deep v line neck and a slit on my leg which showed off my sexy legs. I wore minimal makeup and sat in my car and drove to the event place. I was very excited to visit this particular event because Malhotra's were very inspiring to me in my journey. Typically one Malhotra.Soon I reached the event place. As I got off, the media houses bombarded me with the flashes of clicks. They asked a few questions and I replied to each one of them. I entered the hall which was beautifully decorated with lights. It was the first time I ever came to an event of theirs. They really have been established for a decade now.  The industry was divided into three divisions each handled by the malhotra siblings; Ishan Malhotra, Manik Malhotra and Mukti Malhotra. Today was the 11th year anniversary of the Malhotra industry. I spotted Ishan Malhotra at one corner of the place and went to greet him.