chapter 2: Matters of past

(Thank you all. Here's chaoter two as promised. Please vote for the story and tell me if you want some changes. There would be a journey of manan starting from the next chapter. I would want people say either positive negative things of the story to help me improve.)

Manik's pov
     Today was the decade anniversary of Malhotra groups. I was looking forward to this event for a long time now. The reason was not only our company's success but a presence of certain someone at the party. Nandini Murthy, she was a successful face in the business and few days back dad had told me about her. How much she had worked hard to reach here and I was proud of her journey. My dad was very hard to impress and Ms. Murthy had managed to do so. I was just curious to know who she was and I had to googled  her.

Nandani Murthy-The owner of the best interior designing company 'Infinity Lines'.- It read.

 There was a picture attached of her on the side wearing a grey formal coat and pant. Her photo screamed elegance and confident. I had never seen a girl who was as attractive at the same time. I had read each and every line available about her in the Wikipedia. Each detail about her house, her business stats, and few stuff here and there about her preferences. I just couldn't snap my eyes out of her. The photo didn't just speak volumes of her beauty but it had a lot of say about her personality too and most of all her eyes were to expressive to me. It felt known and a strange connection is what I felt. Dad had told me too invite a certain guest for the party and we three siblings were managing the event. I desperately wanted to call her at the party and meet her. That day at the dinner table:

"umm dad" I asked swallowing the first morsel of food attracting the attention of all three people seated at the dining table. My dad raised an eyebrow to ask what was the reason I just called him.

"I wanted to ask you something." I asked him and he nodded indicating me to continue. I don't know why was I hesitating so much as if they will caught me red handed doing something wrong.

"That girl who you keep praising what's her name..?" I said pretending as if I forgot her name.

"Nandini Murthy" he replied. All of them were patiently waiting what was I going to say about her. I looked at Ishan and Mukti who was smirking already knowing what was on my mind. Of course, they can read me like a back of a hand. I rolled my eyes at their suggestive looks and continued further.

"I was thinking to invite her at the party. I mean you keep praising her so I thought of meeting her and getting to know her better. After all, we also need to know how is she to make you admire her you so much" I finished. He smiled and raised an eyebrow at me.

"Is that all the reason or you want something else too, son" he said smirking a bit. I felt embarrased as I heard Mukti and Ishan letting out a chuckle. I glared at the too of them but they didn't shut up.

"umm no dad. It's just umm..Mukti wanted to meet her. They are of same age and she wanted to learn so much from her." I said and looked at Mukti who was suprised at the things I just said now. Dad looked at Mukti and I mouthed a small 'please' at her requesting her to handle the situation. Ishan was just enjoying at the cost of me.

"Yes dad. It would be great to meet her. In fact, we all were looking forward to it." she said. Ishan also nodded at that and we all were waiting for his reply.

"I'm also looking forward to meet her. I have already asked Amrita(dad's PA) to contact her and she has approved for coming here." Dad informed and my lips automatically curved up in a smile. I quickly composed myself and focused on the dinner ignoring my overexcited siblings teasing look.

"Well Manik. I approve of her." those were dad's last word before carrying his plate an moving to the kitchen to put the plate in the sink. I widened my eyes at that where as Ishan and Mukti laughed out loud. I gave them a hard look before tugging my lips with a glass of water to hide the smile I got as I remembered what dad told just now.