𝐦𝐲𝐞𝐫𝐬

2. Myers
Lori

My AirPods blessed my ears with music as i casually entered the classroom and went to take my seat at the back, waving to a few people as i did.

When i sat down, i put my stuff down.

I glanced at the door when i heard it open and in strolled Charlotte Myers.

Charlotte is on the woman's basketball team. I've seen her around and we smile and wave to each-other and we've spoken a few times.

Her eyes traveled to where i was sat and we made eye contact, smiling and waving.

But instead of her walking to her usual seat a bit away from me, she came and took the seat next to me, "hey."

I gave a surprised "hey" back.

"Sorry," she gave a smile, "can i seat here?"

"Uh, yeah, sure."

Can't exactly say no now.

As she sat down, i attempted to start a conversation, "the game the other day was great!"

"Yeah!" she agreed, but before either of us could continue, someone came up to her and shortly spoke with her.

I opened my laptop and began typing.

She glanced at my Apple Watch and noticed my wallpaper, "who's that?"

I turned briefly turned my watch to i could see it for a second and glanced at the picture of me, Cori and Jade.

I smiled at the picture, "my sister and best-friend."

"Cute. How old is your sister?"

"12. Just starting high school. I constantly get texts of how much she is being tortured," i laughed as i remembered getting a call from her the other day, "i'd say she's settling in just fine."

Charlotte snorted, "that was so me when i started high school. Hated it."

"Didn't we all?"

—————————————

"Hey," Charlotte started as we started to walk out of class together, "uh, this is gonna sound weird, but," she sounded nervous.

"But?" i asked confused, urging her to continue.

"But," she continued, "you should ask your parents about me."

Why does she keep talking about my family?

"What? Why?" i gave her a look.

Why would i ask my parents about a classmate? Not like they're really into basketball either.

"Just do it. Trust me," she insisted.

Why?

"Ask them," she continued when she saw my expression, "like, "hey, do you know Charlotte Myers?" Who's Charlotte Myers?" Something like that."

I tilted my head and gave a bit of an awkward laugh, "why? This sounds important."

She nodded, "sorry, this sounds so weird."

"Uh huh, definitely," i agreed.

"So, ask them?"

"Uh, i guess?"

"Great!" the conversation came to an end as we were going to go seperate ways.

"Hey!" Charlotte called out as i walked away.