CHAPTER 1

F I V E     Y E A R S    L A T E R

Killian's POV

I stretch  my arms up high and slowly open my left eyes to check my son, who's sleeping beside me. I smiled and slowly prop one of my elbow to see him properly. I smirked when I remembered that he crawled into bed because he's having a nightmare, last night. I comb his hair slowly then plant a kiss on his forehead.

I can't stop sighing silently seeing him peacefully sleeping and it reminds me of her mom, Samara, the woman I love. I miss her.

Dahandahan akong umalis para maligo bago naglinis at nag-asikaso sa kusina. I keep humming while cooking and preparing the table. Napatigil ako nang makarinig ako ng tunog ng doorbell at agad ko iyung inasikaso.

“Here's your delivery, Sir. Kindly sign it here. Thank you.” The delivery boy said and I accepted the box of cake and pay after I signed it.

“Thank you, too. Have a nice day.” I said and closed the door. Ito nalang kasi ang kulang sa mga aasikasuhin ko e. I live in this villa with my son and ten butlers and they're the one who clean this place, too.

“All settled. I hope he will likes it.” I whispered and went back upstairs to prepare his clothes to wear 'cause I prepare another surprise for him after my surprise for him downstairs.

“Good morning, Buddy.” I greeted him when I saw him slowly scratching his eyes and stretching then covered himself with the blanket.

“G-Good morning, too, Dada. Why are you all dressed up?” he asked while he's covered with blanket and just showing his face. I sit beside him.

“Did you forgot?” I asked and his eyebrows frowned and lightened up  in a few seconds of realization.

“It's my birthday!” he shouted with glee and jump. I softly chuckled and hug him.

“Yes, Buddy. It's your birthday and I have something for you downstairs.” I said and he gasped with excitement written in his eyes. Those eyes were exactly the same like his mom. He's deep set eyes that he gets from me but he had black colored eyes, he gets it from his mom, long curved eyelashes, chubby rosy cheeks and his heart shaped lips were exactly like her. Inaamin ko na sa araw-araw na nakikita ko ang mukha ng anak ko, araw-araw akong nagsisi sa mga ginawa ko at alam ko'ng walang kapatawaran ang mga ginawa ko.

Five years had past and I don't have any contacts about her. Wala na'rin akong planong hanapin pa siya dahil wala akong mukhang ihaharap pagkatapos ng mga ginawa ko. Mahal ko siya pero ako lang din ang dahilan na masaktan siya ng sobra.

“Dada?” tawag ng anak ko na ikinabalik ko sa huwisyo.

“Why are you crying po? Did you miss, Mimi? I miss her, too, but we have to be happy so she won't be sad in heaven.” He said and hug me. I closed my eyes hearing those words from my son. I deeply sighed before opening my eyes then smile at him and carries him.

“Don't be sad na po, okay?” he said and I nodded. He's too innocent to know everything but I know he'll understand, soon. Nagpababa ito nang makababa na kami ng hagdan at napapangiti ako dahil hindi talaga kompleto ang araw niya na hindi man lang nakakabati sa mga butler.

I feel proud of myself for raising such a fine and kind man inside of him. I don't want him to enter my miserable life. I joined in the Good Society 'cause I don't want to kill anyone and be my father. My father is a ruthless man that always hurt my mom and I physically. I'm happy that I never turned to be my father and I hope it won't happen. I'm afraid if that time comes and I will do it to the woman and son I love.

“Khirro, come here, first.” I said and he quickly run towards me then I kneel down to level him.

“I have to wear this to you before entering the dinning area. Okay?” I said and he excitedly nod his head. I gently put the eye sleep mask to cover his eyes and I held his hand.