Seven: Flutter

Taehyung sat with his head bowed down in the bustling college cafeteria as his best friend consoles him.

He had received an official notice from his university, informing him of his lack of attendance and non-submission of projects. The notice states that as a consequence, he will not be permitted to sit for the final semester exam.

"Can this day get more worse, Minnie?" Taehyung pouts as he complains to Jimin how he was scolded by his professor early in the morning and was told to summon the professor's office.

"I don't want to visit Professor Lee, he will scold me again." Taehyung fake cries as he puts his head on Jimin's shoulder.

"But he already did it in the morning, no?" Jimin teases him for which he earns a playful smack from Taehyung.

"But seriously, Tae, you should give him a visit, it's about the final semester bitch." Jimin huffs.

Taehyung gives it a thought as he recalls the countless times he brushed off reading assignments or put off studying for literature exams, convinced that the subject would be a breeze even when he was free from his modeling schedule.

He wasn't even planning to show up in the college for the next few days. However, the notice served as a wake-up call, highlighting the repercussions of his procrastination.

"I shouldn't have taken this stupid subject."

"You were the one being all tough -- I will handle everything, Minnie, don't worry." Jimin laughs as he mimics Taehyung's words.

"Don't tease me, I'm sad."

"We have been there before too."

"B-but I think this time Professor Lee won't go easy on me," Taehyung adds up as the duo walks out of the cafeteria.

"Yes, but what if he just gives you some grace marks if you pasture him a bit?" Jimin says as he bumps his shoulder with Taehyung's.

"You think so?"

"Don't know."

The two best friends separate after Taehyung finally decides to give the professor a visit.

Not like he gonna eat him.

________________________________________

Existing the professor's office, taehyung finally took a deep breath. Despite his initial apprehension, the meeting hadn't turned out as bad as he had feared. He didn't get any scoldings but he did get a group project that counts towards his grades.

Professor Lee specifically paired him with a straight-A student who happened to be
-- Jeon Jeongguk.

Taehyung breathed a sigh of relief as he realized it didn't happen to be some random student he didn't even know.

Taehyung glanced around, wondering where he could find Jeongguk. Remembering that Jeongguk was often in the library studying, Taehyung decided to head there first. He figured it would be the most likely place to find his diligent partner.

And he did find Jeongguk in the library sitting in the corner away from the crowd.
Despite the open book before him, Jeongguk's demeanor hinted at a sense of anticipation, as if he were awaiting the arrival of a particular someone.

"Jeongguk" Taehyung's voice echoed through the library, calling out to Jeongguk.

With a gentle exhale, Jeongguk closed his eyes, savoring the sound of Taehyung's honeyed voice as it caressed his name for the first time.