A Lying Witch & Emperor

The stone walls press in around me, cold and unforgiving. Dripping water echoes through the cell, each drops a heavy thud that reverberates in the silence. I can feel the dampness seeping into my bones, chilling me to the core.

I feel like I'm freezing and burning alive at the same time. The torch flickers feebly, casting erratic shadows that dance along the walls in twisted forms. Their movements are unsettling, as if they have a life of their own, reaching out to ensnare me in their grasp.

In the distance, the sound of screeches and howls pierces the air, a bluster of unearthly voices that send shivers down my spine. I can't help but wonder what horrors lurk beyond these walls, waiting to claim me as their next victim.

I wrap my arms around myself, trying to ward off the chill that permeates the cell. But no matter how tightly I hold myself, I can't shake the feeling of impending doom that hangs over me like a dark cloud. In this place of shadows and secrets, I can only pray for the light to break through and guide me to safety.

The stone walls close in around me, their imposing presence suffocating. Each drip of water echoes like a death knell, a chilling reminder of my impending doom. But it's not the cold, damp cell that terrifies me the most—it's the knowledge that soon, I'll face my own execution.

My thoughts drifted back to the moment everything changed. It's as if I'm reliving the nightmare all over again, each detail etched into my memory with painful clarity.

Eda's return to the living room should have been a moment of comfort; it was the first place where I ever felt like I had belonged. But when I looked into her eyes, I saw something that sent a shiver down my spine—darkness, an emptiness that chilled me to the core.

"What's wrong, Eda? What happened?" I asked, my voice trembling. But instead of an answer, all I received was a low growl, a warning of the storm that was about to break.

Before I could react, Eda's form shifted, contorting into something monstrous, half-owl, half-beast. My heart pounded in my chest as I stumbled back, disbelief and fear warring within me.

"I'm sorry, kid," she muttered, her voice distorted and guttural. And then, without warning, she lunged at me, claws outstretched, intent on tearing me apart.

Instinct kicked in, and I dodged her attack, narrowly avoiding her grasp. With a crash, she collided with a pile of books, sending them tumbling to the ground in a jumbled shower of paper and dust.

I scrambled away, my heart racing as I hid behind the overturned furniture. King's panicked squeaks filled the air as he scurried to my side, his tiny form trembling with fear.

"Why are you doing this, Eda?" He asked as he glanced at the pendant on her chest, the device emitting a beeping sound. But Eda paid him no heed, her attention focused solely on me. With a threatening growl, she warned King to stay out of her way, twirling her staff with deadly intent.

I watched in horror as she moved closer, her eyes ablaze with a dark fire that seemed to consume her from within. And as she raised her staff, I knew that whatever bond we once shared had been shattered, our bond was far weaker compared to whatever compelled her to do this.

We clashed with an intensity that shook the very foundations of the room; despite my best efforts, I was no match for the raw power that Eda wielded, and soon, I found myself on the losing end.

With a sickening thud, I felt the impact of her attack, a sharp pain radiating from the back of my head as darkness closed in around me. Blood dripped from the wound, staining the floor beneath me as I struggled to remain conscious.