Pin in my eye (1)

<< DAY 1: SATURDAY 12:37 AM (MINORI)>>

You were walking through the streets alone without much on your mind. The night air was cold and still, and for some strange reason, you couldn’t shake the feeling someone was watching you. However, you continue on your way until noticing a TV flashing with a BREAKING NEWS screen. You sigh,, “What now…” You stop in front of the electronics store, watching the TV as it flashes an uncensored picture of a dead body displayed on a merry-go-round, its left eye missing. Your eyes glance over the body before it’s quickly taken off screen and is replaced by another blurred image. Your hands involuntarily clench as your nails make crescents in your palms. You can’t seem to take your eyes off the TV as you slowly reach to touch the glass. “S-saito..” you whisper before feeling a hand on her shoulder. You instantly jump and turn around to see a brunette woman in red practically glaring at you. 

“Tsubasa Minori… yeah?” the woman asks. 

You gulp before nodding slowly. “Y-yeah… that’s me.”

“... follow me. We need to discuss something.” the woman says, grabbing your wrist harshly. You  flinch and are about to fight back before the woman adds on. “It’s about Saito Sejima, it would be in your best interest to follow.” You eye the woman before reluctantly following her.

<< DAY 1: ABIS HQ, PSYNC CONTROL ROOM: SATURDAY 2:41 AM (MINORI)>>

As you enter the room, you're met by a tall lean man in futuristic attire. “I see you successfully found her, boss…” the man says, glancing at you.

“What can I say, Pewter… I got lucky.” the boss laughs before gesturing to you to sit down. You sat down and glanced at the two of them. “Pewter… you have the thing, yeah?” the boss asks.

“Indeed I do…” Pewter says with a smile, holding out what seems to be a fake eye. 

“W-what the..?” you whisper. 

“I heard you lost your eye when you were 10 in some sort of accident, correct, Minori?” the boss asks, turning to you. 

“U-uh… yeah…” you laugh nervously. 

“Then, today’s your lucky day! We just so happen to have an AI eyeball that will allow you to see out of your left eye once more!” she smiles happily at you, gesturing for Pewter to hand you the eyeball. 

“A-an… AI eyeball?” you ask, turning it over and looking at it from every angle you can. “... why are you giving me this?”

“Consider it compensation… from So Sejima himself.” she said. You froze upon hearing his name, looking up at her suspiciously. 

“... what’s the catch?” you ask.

“No catch, he simply wants to compensate you for your unfortunate accident. All you have to do is put it near your eye socket and plop! It does the rest.” she laughed innocently. You observed it closer to your eye socket when suddenly it started glowing blue and rotated to face you. Before you could react, it stuck something in your eye socket causing you to wince as it settled into it. You touched its smooth surface as you blinked a couple of times, looking now with both eyes. 

“H-how the hell?” you muttered, your fingers still grazing the AI eyeballs surface. 

“Good… it seemed to have worked..” the boss says, smiling at you. Something about her smile didn’t reach her eyes. “... now… let’s talk.” She snapped her finger before a shooting pain echoed throughout your skull. You clutched at your head and cried out in pain. “... listen here, Tsubasa Minori… you are not to tell anyone about Saito Sejima, understand?” she said, her voice harsh.

“H-h-huh..???”

“You are to be under our watch from here on out, you will pretend to be an agent of ABIS and most importantly, you will not mention anything regarding Saito Sejima to Kaname Date.”

“W-what..!?” you yelled out. 

“I suggest you listen… with this AI eyeball, we can see exactly what you can see… we can read your thoughts… and most importantly… we can make it self destruct at any given moment if you were to disobey. So, just comply, yeah?” The pain in your head raged on as you began to cry. “So… what do you say… will you comply with our demands?”

“Y-yes!! Yes!!” you yelled. As soon as you did so, the pain that was tormenting you slipped away.  You looked up at them in horror as they smiled at you innocently. 

“Good, look forward to working with you, agent Tsubasa Minori.”

<< DAY 1: ABIS HQ: BOSS’S OFFICE: SATURDAY 9:11 AM (MINORI)>>

“Don’t say anything when he arrives, got it?” the boss warned you. 

“I-I… still don’t know who you’re talking about…” you sighed, looking down at your feet. 

“You’ll see what I mean soon… now, you remember your cover story, right?” she asks. You nod hesitantly. “Good. Don’t mess it up.”

Soon enough, there was a knock at the door.

<<DAY 1: ABIS HQ: BOSS’S OFFICE: SATURDAY 9:21 AM (DATE)>>

As you enter the Boss’s office, you’re met by an unfamiliar face. “AIBA… who is this?” you ask AIBA within your head.
“Tsubasa Minori, age 28. It looks like she works here.” AIBA responded. “Odd… her temperature is rising dramatically…”
You brushed this off and smiled at her. “Heh, you didn’t tell me there would be other people here Boss!”
Boss rolled her eyes. “You don’t need to know all of my private business, Date… anyways… I’d like you to meet Tsubasa Minori, she’s a special agent like you.” You looked Tsubasa’s way before getting sent a hateful glare back.
“Date… her temperature is getting even higher than before.”
“Why does she look so pissed at me AIBA?”
“S-so… you’re Kaname Date…” Tsubasa sighed, her left eye twitching. “.. it’s… nice to meet you.”
“Nice to meet you as well, Minori… may I ask about your left eye situation?” you ask.
“Date… you’re an idiot.”
“What?! I’m just curious why she has a different colored eye..”
“... i-it’s an AI eyeball… like your own.” Tsubasa sighed, sounding tired.
“Wait… seriously?! I… thought I was the only one with something like that..”  you gasped, rubbing the back of your head. “A-anyways… boss, any word on Renju?”
“We couldn’t get in contact with him… we’re still in the process of trying..” Boss sighed. “Maybe Minori here can help you with your investigation…”
“M-me?” MInori asked, glaring at Boss.
Boss in turn smiled innocently at her, “Yup, you. Sunday, she’ll be your partner in this investigation. Get along.”

You looked over at Tsubasa who wouldn’t meet your eyes. “... see you tomorrow.” she said before quickly leaving the room.

(If you saw tsubasas age b4 the edit no you didn't)