Stubborn (4)

<DAY 3: MINORI RESIDENCE (MINORI)>>

You sighed as you arrived back home, collapsing on the couch not long after.  You scrolled mindlessly through your phone before getting a text from Date.

Dipshit: “Hey so… I fucked up”

Cyclops: “What did you do?”

Dipshit: “Mighta sorta had #89 escape the interrogation and now he's on the run with Renju…”

Cyclops: “... that's hilarious.”

Dipshit: “He's a dangerous serial killer!! A bit of concern would be nice!”

Cyclops: “L bozo, let a serial killer loose.”

Dipshit: “Oh my god you hate me.”

Dipshit: “Just if you see them or hear anything, tell me instantly”

Cyclops: “On it boss man”

You groaned loudly, throwing your arm over your eyes before your phone buzzed again. You lazily checked it before your eyes widened. “So Sejima…?”

Scum: “We need to talk.”

Scum: “It's about him.”

Scum: “Meet me at my residence, asap.”

<< DAY 3: SEJIMA RESIDENCE (MINORI)>>

When you got out of the taxi, guards were already waiting for you. They led you onto the property where So was waiting by the koi pond. “Who would've thought So Sejima would want to speak with lil ol me?” you snickered as you glared at him. “If you're planning on killing me, make it quick, would you?”
So scoffed before turning to you. “I truly have never gotten what that boy saw in you…”
“Oh I dunno… maybe cuz I treat him like an actual person and don't beat him?” you spat. “Or maybe cuz I try to actually help him with his brain disorder instead of pretending it doesn't fucking exist?”
So doesn't respond as he sends you a glare that you swear could kill. “How do you care for him, after what he did—?”
“I know he wouldn't have if it wasn't for the circumstances… but… I assume you want to talk about Shoko Nadami’s murder?”
So nods. “I assume you know why?”
“Cuz of him… right?” you asked to which he nodded.
“It's all too similar to what he's already done…”
“I agree… but, why are you talking to me about this now?”
“I need you to continue to stay quiet about his existence. I'll up the pay, I'll do anything ju—”
“Minori?”

You and So turned around to be met by Date. He eyed you suspiciously before turning to So. “So, I'd like to have a word.”
Before So could respond, Date stood beside you and began questioning him on something. You couldn't focus on that at all however. You were glaring at So, fists clenched. After Date finished his questioning, he grabbed your hand and began to turn around to leave.
“Hold it. I want to tell him something.”
“... okay?”
You turned to So. “Watch your back.” you spat, your voice laced in hatred.
“W-what!?”
“You think you're safe in all of this… but think just for a moment… you think he wouldn't want to hurt you after all you've done?”
“Y-you—”
“Brat? Slut? Yeah… whatever. Bye asshole.”

“... you okay, Minori?” Date asks as you drive off.
“... no.”
“W-what was So telling you? He'd pay you to keep quiet about… what exactly?”
“... about what happened to my eye.” you half lied.
“Huh?”
“... I can't say more than that… because your fucking Boss and Pewter put a damned bomb in my eyesocket…” you groaned.
“T-they… what?”
“... I can't speak of him… at all… or it fucking hurts me… it's… it's torture…”
“.. Minori… h-how.. how the hell…?” Date gasped. After a bit of silence between you two, he spoke up once more. “... I... have a dumb question.”
“Shoot.”
“Do… you think you could tell me if I psynced with you?” he asked.
“... i… I don't even know.. I guess?” you whispered.
“... then… c’mon. Let's psync.”