58 -Jo/Mac- CSI NY

The rain had finally ceased, leaving behind a damp, glistening cityscape. Jo stood outside Mac's apartment, her knuckles hovering over the door. The argument from earlier still echoed in her mind—the sharp words, the hurtful accusations. She knew she'd crossed a line, and now she had to make things right.

Mac opened the door, his expression a mix of surprise and wariness. His eyes were red-rimmed, evidence of the tears he'd shed. Jo's heart clenched. She'd never wanted to hurt him like this.

"Mac," she began, her voice shaky. "Can we talk?"

He hesitated, then stepped aside, allowing her entry. The apartment smelled of coffee and old books—the familiar scent that had always comforted her. But now, it felt heavy with tension.

Jo perched on the edge of the couch, her gaze fixed on her trembling hands. "I'm sorry," she whispered. "I didn't mean any of it. The things I said..."

Mac sat down beside her, his silence more painful than any words. She glanced at him, searching for forgiveness. His jaw was clenched, but there was a vulnerability in his eyes.

"You hurt me," he finally said, his voice raw. "I thought we understood each other better than that."

Jo swallowed hard. "I know. And I regret every word. Mac, I—"

He held up a hand, stopping her. "Jo, we've been through too much together. We can't let one argument destroy us."

"But—"

"No," he interrupted. "We're better than this. We've faced killers, solved impossible cases, and laughed until our sides hurt. We're partners, Jo. More than that."

She nodded, tears blurring her vision. "I don't want to lose you."

Mac's fingers brushed against hers. "Then don't. Let's heal. Say something kind. Something that'll mend what's broken."

Jo took a deep breath. "Mac, you're the best damn detective I know. Your dedication, your unwavering belief in justice—it inspires me. And when you smile, it's like the sun breaking through the clouds."

His lips twitched. "You're not so bad yourself, Jo. Your stubbornness drives me crazy, but your heart... It's bigger than you realize."

She leaned closer, their foreheads touching. "I love you, Mac."

His eyes softened. "I love you too, Jo."

And just like that, the weight lifted. Their lips met—a kiss that tasted of forgiveness and promise. The rain tapped against the window, a gentle rhythm as they held each other, repairing the cracks in their bond.

In that moment, Jo knew they'd weathered the storm. Their love was stronger than any argument, and they'd find their way back—together.