First kiss 💋

Smriti's PoV
The match was about to begin. Gujrat Giants won the toss and decided to bat first. The Giants played really well scoring a total of 188/4 in 20 overs Shreyanka was able to get two wickets becoming most successful and economical bowler of the day. Then it was time for second innings.
Me and Devine were padding up for opening.
" we have to get a solid start. We need to achieve these many runs. So play bold. show what you are made of Devine. I trust you. ( she smiled at that) RCB" we fist bumped and went towards the field. we had a cracking start, a magnificent way to start an innings we were smashing every where we got the chance to.

 we had a cracking start, a magnificent way to start an innings we were smashing every where we got the chance to

After sometime I was caught and bowled by Sneha scoring 37 runs. Then Pez came for batting but Devine has another plan in her mind. She was batting really destructively. She stood at 99 in 35 ball hitting 9 fours and 8 sixs with a strike rate of 275. We were all anticipating her century that would be the first century of the women's Premier league but suddenly she hits towards mid field and a fielder was placed there who caught the ball with ease resulting in departure of Devine. Everybody gave standing ovation to her. What a great knock. Then Pez and Knight lead the team towards an easy win by scoring 189/2 in just 15.3 overs. The man of the match trophy was given to Devine for her outstanding performance and this victory led to our second win in the tournament which really boosted our confidence as a team it is great for us.

After the post match presentation....

Everybody was celebrating the win in the dressing room. All gathered dancing, enjoying music and everything. After losing five consecutive games, coming back and Winning two games with such a good margin literally boost the confidence. It will help us in the next season too perform well.

I looked around the room, searching for Pez but she was nowhere around, so I left the dressing room to find her, but she was found nowhere. Then we all went towards the bus and i saw her sitting on the last seat talking on the phone so i did not want to disturb her. When we arrived at the hotel the staff brought us cake for the victory after cutting it all went to respective rooms. After freshening it went towards balcony for fresh air and saw someone at the pool side sitting dipping legs in the water her back facing me. Then she turned a little side ways and i saw it was Pez. What is she doing so late at night. I went down to check upon her. I sat beside her and looked at her intently, she looked towards me with a startled and shocked expression.

 I sat beside her and looked at her intently, she looked towards me with a startled and shocked expression