Prologue

The only disciple of the hermit master was a reckless yet cautious, bad mouthed yet eager and respectful teenager, Nian Zhi

The only disciple of the hermit master was a reckless yet cautious, bad mouthed yet eager and respectful teenager, Nian Zhi. He loved to stay in calm place which reminded him of his mother. Perhaps he just wanted to live peacefully without the chaos of the world.

He only wanted to be strong enough to protect his peace in the times of turmoils and be worthy of his magnificent master.

Can the threads of fate truly lies in our own hands?

Happiness is fleeting and the hardships endures.

___

The clouds grew darker and darker, enveloping the boundless sky. The blood mixed with rain drops, flowed as a river beneath the feet of everyone. Nian Zhi laughed and cried menacingly as a ghost, his blood tears were washed by the rain. He motioned his hands to throw something, the head of his master rolled at the feet of Yi Fan. With other hand he supported himself by the sword to stand.

Yi Fan desperately endured his tears, with a hoarse voice he tried to soothe the devil,"Zhi-er turn back. There may still be a chance."

Nian Zhi cried as he struggled to step in front,"Yi Fan, you are not dumb." He laughed mocking himself,"What chance do you speak of ? Everything had been nothing but a lie." With a swipe of his arm, he released his spiritual energy to make way for himself, forcing the person he cherished to step back.