Chapter 8: Banquet

Yi Fan and Nian Zhi, having just completed their duel, were seated at a lower table with the other disciples.

Yi Fan and Nian Zhi, having just completed their duel, were seated beside their master. Sect leader of Tianqi, stood toasing a cup of wine, "Sect leader Liu, I wish you longevity and happiness." He then turned around to Elder Xuan Ming, to toast another, "Congratulations Elder Xuan for leaving seclusion. You have got a promising disciple." 

Elder Xuan gluped the wine and nodded to thank him. "Brother in law," Sect leader Liu addressed elder Xuan, his tone courteous, "Congratulations" 

Elder Xuan ming's eyes flickered and he responded with silence. The surrounding disciples could not say anything yet the look of displeasure could be seen. 

"Elder Zhou," Sect leader Liu addressed one of the senior cultivators from another sect, " I hear the yueyao sect has been strengthening its defense. Is there something we should be aware of?" 

Elder Zhau smiled, though it didn't reach his eyes. "One can never be too careful in these times, Sect leader Liu Rumors of unrest and power struggles have reached our ears. Our yueyao sect do not step in the murky waters, it is wise to prepare." 

Nian Zhi was growing impatient to get out of the unresolved tension between the leaders. However, he could not do so. He remained seated. 

As the conversation continued, the sect leader Liu's voice took on a more somber tone. "Indeed, preparation is key. Especially with the rumors of dark forces stirring once more. The past should serve as a reminder of what we must precent." 

Master Xuan finally spoke, his voice calm but with an eldge of warning. "The past should also remind us that power, unchecked, can lead to ruin. It is our durt to ensure that those who hold power are worthy of it." 

A tense silence fell over the hall, sect leader Liu replied, "Of course Master Xuan. Ehich is ehy we all must be vigilant, lest the histry repeats itself."

The sect leader of Tianqi sect laugh in an attempt to appease the tension, "Wise words Elder Xuan. Let's forget the world and enjoy ourselves." 

_________________________

[Author's note] 

This chapter basically had tension between the leaders. Its my first time writing this so please don't give up on the book.