03:Stumbled

FAYRA'S POV:

The obnoxious weather conditions shown in the forecast of today made me heave in an angered sigh.

I planned to go to the amusement park today but sensing the upcoming bad news of chances of rain being as high as 92%, I had a change of plans.

Deciding to go to the mall instead I grabbed my car keys and shut the front door behind me as I made my way outside. Thunder roared upon my arrival casting its hues of blue into the soon to be night sky intimidating every quarter centimetre of it.

But this wasn't going to stop me today.

I made my way inside the car and igniting its engine, pulled out of the driveway and on to the path which led me to the mall.

My life yet was simple.

Until it wasn't.

I was a simple student content in studying English Literature. I wanted my life to be the one which I can comprehend in words, which I can feel is pure potential for an inspiring book. And trying to make your life writing-worthy isn't an easy task at all.

I got the best friends. Classic four, are there in times of need and in times where I not need them too but the fact is I never not need them.

If I had something to flex?

It had to be my friendship.

But the thing is, my life is full yet it still lacks of something, of someone, I suppose.

And until that loophole isn't filled, my life lacks plot.

I pulled into the parking lot of the mall and made my way inside pressing the button of elevator to go up to the fifth floor.

The doors of the lift opened and I made my way towards my favourite brand ever.
AYLA Couture.

Shopping my best friend's masterpieces and feeling proud of her reaching such heights I made a quick dua for her to excel in every matter and picking up the articles I selected made my way to the counter.

The cashier gave me a curt nod and while I was taking out my card to pay,a sudden manly voice interrupted from behind me.

"The dress which I booked yesterday?I can't see it on the racks?" The voice spoke. I didnt turn to acknowledge it just yet.

The cashier took in a shaky breath."Sir that piece has been brought by,Miss Fayra.I think there was an issue in retrieving your booking you can file a complain against that person in the office behind you."

The man behind me chuckled."And who is this Miss Fayra?"

"The woman standing beside you,Mister."I said and pivoted on my heels to look behind me.

Oh My God.

Shehryar Rehman stood behind me with his head held high,hair messily disheveled and with light scruff coating his features giving him an intimidating look.

He paused a bit before speaking."Well Miss Fayra this piece was already booked by me and I advise you to please return it."

Clicking my tongue I passed him a pointed look. "No"

He heaved in a sigh and spoke something like 'stubborn girls' under his breath before speaking again.

"I am not the one to beg someone or anything but this piece is one in the store and I'd do anything to get it" he said stubborn.

"This is a girls piece what has got you so worked up for?" I said. "And besides who do you even want it for?"

"My sister." He curtly replied while his demeanour changed into a dark one.

I looked at him and back to the piece thinking that what if his sister really wanted it. I can ask Ayla to design one for me anytime but being a girls girl I gave it up.

"This was my favourite piece,mister.Your sister better be grateful." I said and passed the maroon kaftan to him on the counter.

He passed me a curt nod in return and payed for the piece while I watched it with a downward smile.

The cashier handed him the bag and he turned to look at me eyeing it sadly.

"If you keep that look on, Everyone will think I forced you or something." He said with a blank look.

"What they'll say wont be wrong,anyway." I say and try to reach the bag,my intrusive thoughts getting the best of me.

He quickly hid it behind him and passed me a 'dont even think about it' look.

"The least you can do is to thank me,Mister." I said watching his retreating form.

"Not gonna happen." His voice came.

Stupid asshole. I cursed under my breath.

"I can hear you." He said and turned around a few feet away from me.

Picking up my bags I passed him an angered look."Whatever,if I ever see you again I'll make you pay for the dress." I said while nudging my shoulder with him purposely on my way out.

I heard a low chuckle behind me.

Shehryar Rehman was exactly as everyone had rumored  him to be.

Cold and the one who always got what he wanted.

I mentally cursed myself too for letting him maintain that mentality even if it was a small thing as a dress. The fact that the CEO went out of his comfort zone without protocol to buy this dress says alot about how much he loves the woman.

If it is his sister or anyone. I dont care.

I shrugged while igniting the engine and pulled out of the driveway frowning at the man.

Well I've got more important things to worry about.