Chapter 22: Babs Spills The Beans

(Author note: Just a short chapter to finally explain why Babs acts cold to Zella.)

Zella pov

I sit there nervous as Barbra takes a seat in front of me. We were sitting in the kitchen of Wayne Manor. The Bats want me to stay around for a bit. Guess they are excited by the thought of a new family member that they want me to stay in the main base.

"So, you said you wanted to talk to me?", I ask trying to start the conversation.

"Yes. There is something I need to tell you.", she says before taking a sip of her tea.

"And that is?"

"The reason I been cold to you is, well, I was worried about Dick"

"I kinda figured but wasn't really sure."

She smiles at me before speaking again. "Yeah cause most of the times, his relationships never lasted this long. At first I was worried you were using him for money. But then, I heard more about you from the Justice League and Bat-clan."

"Good things....I hope?", I laugh nervously.

She gently grabs my hand and holds it. "Very good things. But before that, before I found out about your past, I didn't want someone innocent to be dragged into our crazy lifestyle. Now, I am just worried if you get badly hurt, it would hurt Dick......I am not saying divorce him. Not at all!"

I squeeze her hand as she was still holding mine. "I get it..instead of being like caring exes....you guys are like siblings. You just want what is best for him."

"Yeah...I think you are right. Can...can we be friends?"

"I think we can...after all..the baby does need to get to know ALL of his crazy bat aunts and uncles."

Barbra grins. "SO taking you out shopping for baby things..maybe a spa day. We can invite Cass and Steph."

"I'd like that."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dick pov

I grin as I see them getting along and chatting. "This is awesome.", I think to myself.

"Dick stop hiding and get over here already.", Barbra says as she throws a cookie at me.

I catch it as I walk into the kitchen. "Hey no wasting the cookies."

"Then maybe don't spy on us?"

"Hey it's my job as a husband to watch out for my wife.", I say as I eat the cookie.

"Said wife can still kick your butt without her powers.", Zella says with a laugh.

"Oh yeah? How will you do that?", I ask as I take a seat next to her.

"Simple.......I am carrying our baby therefore....I just have to move a inch wrong and you cry out in defeat."

I blush as Babs starts to laugh at me. "One time!"

"In like the last hour or two......I swear if you or your family could, you'd put me in a bubble until I give birth."

"Is that a option?", I say pretending to think about it.

"Dick!"

I grin as she smacks my arm. We then spend the next couple of hours talking with Babs.

"Things are going great.", I think to myself as I wrap a arm around my wife's shoulders.

Little did I know, I basically kinda jinxed myself.