THE DARK OPERATION ALLIANCE (DOA)

ABHIMAAN'S POV

The music was on blast, drugs and alcohol was beyond tolerance and there was our target just a few steps away, enjoying whiskey and talking. It's just a game of another minute and he will be under arrest. A few girls were tied and were on the knees beside him. Drug dealing and human trafficking was like a game of snakes and ladders for him, we have already missed the shot once we can't miss this chance. My team had already taken their position, Varun and Rajveer were on the right table while Kiara and Ritika were on the  left side and Siddharth was at the second exit.

"Should we get him now, I am dying to beat the shit out of this asshole" Varun spoke "Language Varun, your Bluetooth is still on in case you forgot" I cleared my throat. "Yes Varun, behave yourself....or the chief will cut your tongue and feed it to his dog...right chief?" I can hear Siddharth smiling, that man doesn't have seriousness in his dictionary. "Shut up Siddharth or you will be cleaning our whole office for the whole month.....ALONE" I said calmly but he can tell that I was way beyond serious. "Yes chief" he is still not serious.

"Okay team...focus he is going to sign the deal we can't miss it this time" with my orders all were alert now. The moment he signed the deal Kiara and Rajveer took the charge and took him on the gun points. While Ritika and Varun rescued the girls and sent few to the hospital as the girls were overdosed by the drugs. I and Siddharth took care of his bodyguards and in a few moments the scene was under our control. "Time to learn your place you fucker" and with that I punched the man's face breaking his nose.

The case was closed, the girls were rescued and drugs were taken in custody along with the man. I stepped out of the club standing outside the club and lit a cigarette. Mumbai looks good during night time. When I felt a hand on my shoulder.

"Well done chief, I am sure he won't be able to breathe properly for a long period of time" Varun patted my shoulder and I glared at him. "Come on Varun don't touch the chief you know he doesn't like people touching him, after all we all call him 'touch me not' for a reason" Siddharth added while smirking. "If you don't keep your mouth shut I will break your teeth and I can assure you to make you our personal kaam wala (personal servant) for the whole year" I glared at him and all laughed. "Oh...um... chief I will leave now" Ritika spoke looking at her watch. Kiara held her wrist "Wait really! it's already 3 a.m. spend the rest time in the office. You always go back home no matter what time we end. Why will you go back home when you have to come to the office at 7 a.m. itself?". "No I have to go back." Ritika said to her and looked at me "I won't be late for the office tomorrow chief". "It's fine" I paused "Come let me drop you, I highly won't recommend you to go alone".

She sat in my car. The whole drive was silent, giving her a lift was necessary after all Mumbai is beautiful at night but not good for safety at this late night. Ritika is one of my most trustworthy people, she knows when to speak, how to speak, she knows what is responsibility. She never gave me a chance to complain, she is totally opposite of that monkey Siddharth. I wonder why she always leaves for her home, no matter how late we work but she always needs to go back to her home, I think sometimes what keeps her making go back home no matter what. I turned off the engine and she got out and closed the door "Thank you chief, good night",  I nodded and she went inside. I saw the lights off her rooms were on but after a moment it turned off. 'If someone else is with her, she never told us about her family' I thought to myself.

The upcoming weeks went in paperwork and submission of reports. Varun came inside my cabin "Chief, we need to write the report of case number 35 it's still pending". "I thought we were clear on that" I said. "No we all need to come up with it together" the rest of the team also came. "So we should discuss now it's not that late I hope so" I said to which Rajveer added "But the few prints are with Ritika and I don't think she brought them today" he looked at Ritika. "I didn't think we would be needing it today" Ritika said. "Why don't we complete the report in her house. I mean she will also be in her house and after all I need a change to work" Siddharth looked at me. "Is it fine with you Ritika?" I asked her and she agreed.

While we reached her house, there was only one thing in my mind 'who else is there who makes her come back home every night no matter how late it is'. It wasn't the first time we did paperwork in a team member's house but definitely the first time to do it in Ritika's house. We entered her house, all clean and perfectly furniture. One bedroom downstairs along with a kitchen and a living room and also a private office where she keeps her files and all work related things. We all went inside her office it was all well cleaned and instead of cemented walls it was bound by thick transparent glass completely see through. Her place was so calm and quiet not a single sound which is perfect to work without disturbance. There were also some stairs which lead up, there might be a few more rooms upstairs, there weren't any photo frames around either on her desk. Strange isn't it.  Everyone took their place and started working I sat on the sofa working on my laptop.

After a few hours of working Ritika went to make some coffee for us everyone took a small break, but I kept working when I heard some movements upstairs and when I looked straight to the stairs. I saw her. Black long hair curls falling on her shoulder, she was wearing a loose shirt and a purple pajama, slippers were missing as she came down rubbing her eyes. She must have woken up from sleep. And her eyes....her damn eyes all I could see was innocence and... something more, looking for something or someone or to be specific Ritika, yes she was looking for Ritika. If she is the reason for Ritika to go back home no matter what...she is the perfect reason. Even I would be home no matter what for her.

        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~