Alohomora

Notes:
Welcome back everyone! 👋🏼

I hope you're doing good. I've been sick over the past week which was one of the reasons I wasn't able to upload. Also, one a somewhat becoming regular note, this again is a longer chapter 😂
So grab yourself a drink and snack, get comfy and let's dive right into the new chapter, which I absolutely love btw. :)
And I really, really hope you'll like it as much as I do.

Enjoy! 💕
________________________

"Yes, Nel, of course we're both still alive," I say as I roll my eyes, unbeknownst to her.

Ominis' voice comes muffled through the door as he appears to address Nellie. "I told you they'd be fine."

"Just making sure," I can hear her mumble back.

It seems like they indeed left us here alone longer than necessary.

"By the way, I have the book," Nellie adds cheerfully.

"By the time you took, you could have probably read the whole library." I groan, guessing that they must have been gone for hours, even though I can't really tell.

"Haha," she says sarcastically. "I'm sorry it took a while, but I've been held up by YOUR boyfriend."

"What, why?" I ask in surprise, standing up from the chair and moving to the door.

"He was bugging me about where you were, and I also had to dodge Professor Weasley; she's roaming the halls."

My heart starts beating faster at her words. "Did you tell him?"

"No, of course not," she exclaims in dismay, and I immediately feel relieved.

Over the course of almost four months of dating, Garreth did show a hint of jealousy once in a while, which I thought was cute, but considering that I'm alone in a room with another guy, that might just cross a line.

That's why I'm glad she kept it to herself.

"Thank you," I breathe out.

Sallow's footsteps echo from the walls, indicating that he is walking towards me.

"Great," he says, his voice betraying a hint of sarcasm and annoyance. "Can we move on now so that we can get out of this room?"

He stands against the wall next to the door, leans back, and folds his arms like a petulant toddler.

But I don't blame him; I'm just as annoyed and want to get out of here too.

"Yeah, just let me check for the p-," but before Nellie can finish her sentence, Ominis pipes up in a hushed voice, "Quiet! I think I hear someone."

We all hold our breath in anticipation, but even after a few seconds, nothing happens.

Maybe he misheard.

"If it is Professor Weasley, we could just ask her if she can open the door," Ominis suggests quietly.

My eyes widen in panic.

"No! Anyone but Professor Weasley," I whisper-shout through the door.

"Why?" Ominis asks, seemingly confused.

I can't suppress a groan about having to state the obvious: "Because I am dating her nephew! What would she think if she found me locked in an empty classroom with another boy, especially after curfew?"

His answer is just a short but understanding "Oh."

"Yeah, 'Oh'," I snort.

"Just hurry up and find that stupid counterspell!" Sallow chimes in.