Chapter 18

The trip in the bus wasn't the best. Having his head getting constantly flicked because he'd lose every game was annoying, and having Jongho messing with him because he'd see his girlfriend once they got to Cape Cod didn't make it any better. He then wondered if it was better to be laughed at because he was single, or if being the butt of the joke for being "in love" was a better bet.

—And what's the problem of being nervous to see her? —Sam called her boyfriend out— The poor boy has been waiting for twenty five years to meet the one, and he's finally found the right girl.

—Also, it's quite normal he feels that way after he's planned to introduce her to the whole group —Iseul continued.

—Babe, she's alright. She isn't the one who worries us —Yunho mentioned—. We all already met her, and she seems like a nice girl.

—Are you implying we are the problem? —Meghan peeked her head over Mingi's seat, leaving Yeosang's shoulder uncovered.

—No, they aren't implying that —Seonghwa quickly answered, while looking around at the few people that were turning their heads at their section in the bus.

—Because we are all really kind and friendly. Tell them, honey —she patted Yeosang's arm.

—I mean... I'm your boyfriend and even sometimes I'm intimidated by you —under Meghan's rough look, Yeosang quickly peeked his head over Wooyoung's seat—. My girlfriend is really welcoming.

—Why did you have to scream into my ear? —Wooyoung called him out.

—Stop messing with San —Hongjoong suddenly said, trying to bring some peace back—, and stop arguing about who's nice and who isn't for god's sake. Let's just go back to being on our phones or sleeping until we get there.

And that way, and slowly, peace was again coming back to the group, with San finally relaxing on his seat.

He hated being the focus of the topic.

—But —Mingi suddenly spoke— weren't you girls already badmouthing her because she chose to get there by car instead of coming with us?

That comment got a collective sigh from the whole group, knowing well that would evolve into another argument.

—Why aren't you ever able to read the room? —Jongho called him out.

—Were you badmouthing her? —San turned to his right, seeing the girls looking at each other nervously.

—Because we thought she was doing it because she didn't want to spend time with us —Iseul answered—, we didn't know she had work to do today.

—Yeah, she's working all the time —Hongjoong mentioned—. When I worked with her, it was difficult to see her anywhere else that wasn't her office. Actually, her nickname was Pinhole.

—Ah, that's not... —Sam showed a disgusted face— You all better not bring that shit up.

—It makes sense for her to be constantly working though —Hongjoong shrugged—. She'll be the owner of the company the second her father retires.

—Wait, owner? —Jongho turned his head at Hongjoong— Sounds like you landed a real winner. And we thought you were dumb...

Under his girlfriend's annoyed look, Jongho's smile eventually dropped at the same time he slowly went back to sitting properly in his seat.

—You better not open your mouth the whole weekend —Sam called him out.

—We're only messing up with him —Yunho's giggled slowly vanished.