RED DOOR *20*

This is the real reason why you are here today. Your active mission, is behind this strawberry red door. You know where it is. You walk with purpose, swaying your hips in a natural stride, the full skirt of your long gown rustling in abundant pleats. They hate this dress. It's too long, too genteel. It's going to sweep up the poodles of old, clotting blood. It's a lot of blood, behind the strawberry red door. You enter through the front of the building, but none of the happy kids or busy adults pay you much attention. You quickly pass by Edima's office, seeing that it's locked, and reach the end of the arcade hall to turn left down a long corridor. You ignore the three white doors on either side of this hallway and reach the end.

There is a staircase climbing upwards. But behind this staircase is a dark corner, with a strawberry red door. Colonial style houses here in Canaan city usually included attics, basements and root cellars in structural design, something which was surely overlooked during BOOM! City renovation. It was such a perfect hiding place: steel door, extra thick, insulated walls, no windows, it was a forgotten space...

†***†***†****†***†***†

MOTHER

When the people of Canaan had a problem, the tradition was to go back to the good old drawing board, to trace from the beginning, where the error occured. From the time of Eve's temptation by the serpent, and from the time the record pronounced that Cain, was of the wicked one; every mother owed her child due diligence, towards the unpredictable recurring issues of generational curses and spiritual deliverance.

Because a bastard will never stand in the congregation of the righteous. Not without adoption by The Holy Spirit. Because bad blood caused The Most High to destroy the world, first with flood, then, He has promised, with fire... Because it is only The Blood of The Christ, that can redeem a soul back to life.

Some unlucky people are born already seperated from eternal life. In Deuteronomy 23:2: A bastard shall not enter into the Congregation of the Lord: euen to his tenth generation shall he not enter into the Congregation of the Lord. A bastard is a product of sin; disobedience; evil. It is bad blood and it is bad DNA, from Pollution, Rebellion, or Contamination. Conception. Manipulation... Bad blood affects everything about a person. Blood speaks louder than good intentions.

Kate Maye Hatta always said it didn't matter if her great grandmother, had been raped, if her mother was therefore, a product of that rape. She said, it didn't matter...

When they came to Canaan, Idara got a job at Trombone's Basement FM. Inyang Maye Hatta killed the time, by chatting with Ms. Edima in room one, whenever she could, and, by reading up on her roots in the state library. She traced her real surname, to a village chief of Ibibio origin, vying for the seat of the Tripod King in 1891, whose major opponent was Nsidung Edet Hogan Bassey, the founder of the Nsidung, four generations back. It was on record that Hogan had so many followers; very highly skilled warriors, existing in their generations till today.

The more she looked, the more convinced she got, that something wasn't quite right about her lineage...

That night she saw Idara's phone on the passenger seat, she sat like that, playing the recording over, and over and over again, till dawn and the sunny brightness of day.

Mummy Play Me.

Inyang Maye Hatta was shaken to her very core, by hearing the voice of an evil, demonic entity, bullying, instructing, commanding her daughter. To do things...

The voice was simply not human. It held too much evil in it's deep chords, it seemed almost too heavy for a phone to record, streaming roughly in occasional static, rumbling glitches; while her daughters voice, although soft, and a bit low in comparison, was quite clear. Inyang knew one thing about her daughter; Idara found it difficult to open herself up and talk about her problems. She kept it all... inside. So she recorded this audio. Somehow. Because she wanted her to hear it... Someday. It was everything, that her daughter couldn't say. It was in fact, a cry for help. But Inyang didn't know what to do.