rotten days.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

ᴿᵒᵗᵗᵉⁿ ᵈᵃʸˢ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

ᴿᵒᵗᵗᵉⁿ ᵈᵃʸˢ
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

once, a delicate love bloomed, brimming with pure bliss. smiles adorned with genuine innocence, oblivious of fragile tender hearts.

like the relentless sea erasing the names we etched upon the sand, the hearts sketched, and the footprints once so true.

like branches surrendering their once vibrant leaves, under which we stood, weaving promises into the fabric of time.

like birds bearing tokens of affection, now faltering, their songs fading into silence.

like termites gnawing away mementos of our past, the letters perished beneath my bed.

like the paper rings, now torn and weathered, symbols of our nascent love, frayed by time's unyielding touch.

like every cherished moment now resides amidst the wreckage, a relic of what once was.

yet, amidst the decay, your lips utter "I love you" once more, but the words now rot upon your tongue, devoid of the life they once held.

- Hazel, 2024.
copyright ©

authors note: literally missed making graphics, and felt so nice making this along with my poem :) ❤️ thank you for reading! please vote and comment loads

authors note:
literally missed making graphics, and felt so nice making this along with my poem :) ❤️ thank you for reading! please vote and comment loads.