at the palace

wilhelm's pov

when we arrived at the palace there was paparazi everywhere. i could only ask myself why, because mom told me she wanted to wait with the announcement about me abdicating. i looked at simon who was also very confused. We got out of the car and i immediately took his hand. Malin told us to walk behind her so that's what we did. i heard the paparazi taking pictures of us which made me feel kinda anxious but luckily we were already standing in front of the door. staff opened the door for us and we walked inside, me and simon still not letting go of each other's hands.

''wilhelm you have to be at the queen's office in 10 minutes and yes simon can come with you'' malin said. ''okay thank you'' i replied and gave her a little smile. i wanted to spend these 10 minutes alone with simon so we walked to my room and cuddled in bed. his head on my chest. ''how are you feeling?'' i asked him while i was brushing my fingers through his hair. ''kinda nervous to be honest, what about you? '' he asked. ''yeah me too''i sighed. ''i could use some distraction'' i said softly . he looked at me and then down to my lips. ''mhm'' he replied smiling. i put my hand on the back of his neck and brought his lips closer to mine until they touched. he deepened the kiss and soon our breathing became heavier. eventually i had to pull away to catch my breath. simon saw that as a opportunity to kiss my neck.

a few minutes later we got interrupted by a knock at the door, as always. simon quickly rested his head back on my chest while malin opened the door. ''i don't want to interrupt anything here'' i saw simon smiling at that sentence. '' but the queen is waiting for you in her office'' malin said to us. ''okay we'll be there in 1 minute' i replied. she closed the door again and walked away. simon looked at me with the most adorable eyes which made me want to kiss him again but before i could do that he got up and walked to the door. ''where are you going?'' i asked. ''wille your mom is waiting for us'' he said in a disappointing tone. so i got up and walked to the door. his hair was all messed up from our previous activity which made me laugh a little. ''just let me fix your hair and then we can go'' i said to him smiling, he smiled back. when i finished fixing his hair i took his hand in mine and we started walking to mom's office.

still holding hands we walked inside her office and sat on the couch in front of her desk. ''so'' she started. ''i just want you both to know that something like this has never happened before so we don't really know how people will react to the news, but what we do know is that there will be people who will be angry about this and want to find something or someone to blame''. i squeezed simon's hand tight. ''so please do not reply to any hate comments or interviews, that will only make it worse.'' ''we won't mom, i promise'' i said to her. i looked at simon and he nodded in agreement but i saw the tears in his eyes. ''now that that's been discussed, you only have to sign these papers and then we're done here'' she said to me while she gave me the papers. i just wanted it to be done so i didn't even read through it but signed them immediately. i handed the papers back to mom and she gave me a little smile. i don't know if she meant it though. i grabbed simon's hand again and started walking to the door. ''one last thing. please wait with telling other people, we need to find the right time'' mom said. we both nodded and walked out of her office.