(twelve)

I woke up in the middle of the night with my stomach growling. It was hurting so much that I couldn't sleep, so I got up and went to the kitchen to find something to eat.

As I maneuvered my way to the kitchen in the dark, I turned on a light before looking around for something. I wasn't sure if I wanted something that would fill me up, but my stomach would not shut up.

I opened the fridge and saw a bowl with plastic wrap on it and my name written on top. I grabbed it and saw that it had spaghetti in it, then nodded as I popped it in the microwave for a moment.

Before it could make a noise, I opened it and took the bowl out, grabbing a spoon then turning the light off and walking out to the bedroom. I made sure to use light steps as I walked down the hall, then walked in the room and closed the door behind me.

After sitting on the bed, I ate and felt instantly satisfied with the way my stomach was thanking me. I sighed before eating more, then cleaning the bowl. I drank some water that was by my bed then got up and walked back to the kitchen.

As I was walking, I heard a noise that made me stop and I saw Amelia walking out of bathroom. She stopped and looked at me as I was standing there holding the bowl, then I walked around her towards the kitchen.

I placed the bowl in the sink, then turned to see Amelia walking in towards the fridge. I stood there for a moment, watching her as she grabbed a water out then closed the fridge door afterwards.

She turned towards me then slightly smiled. "Couldn't sleep?"

"I was hungry." I said.

She nodded as she opened the bottle of water and sipped some. "I can't sleep, so I came to get some water."

"I actually slept but woke up with my stomach growling."

"It's never good to go to bed with an empty stomach."

I shrugged. "I don't really eat much, so I don't usually wake up to eat." She nods as she stared at me for a moment before sipping more of her water.

The silence fell between us as I stood there, and she did the same. I yawned and was about to walk out but I heard Amelia place her water down on the table and walk towards me.

That's when I took a step back as she stood in front of me. I saw her slightly smile. "Your necklace is twisted. I'm going to fix it." She said, reaching up and touching the necklace.

My body reacted in a way that I couldn't explain as she was standing a few inches from me. I looked at her as her face was close to me, and she was concentrating on fixing my necklace.

When she was done, she stepped back and smiled. "Sorry."

"It's fine." I said as I grabbed my necklace. "It must have twisted in my sleep. I don't normally wear it to bed, but I forgot about it."

"Don't let it choke you in the middle of the night."

I nodded as I held onto my necklace then looked down at it. I messed with it a little more, not looking up at her as I knew she was staring at me.

"Remi." My eyes shot up towards Amelia as she was opening her water bottle. I felt my heart pounding in my ears as I tried to think if I heard Amaya's voice or not.

It sounded like her voice...

"Huh?" I looked at Amelia as she took a sip then looked at me.

"What?"

"Did you say something?"

"No." She said before closing her bottle and walking towards the entrance of the kitchen. "Goodnight, Remi." She said before disappearing out.