~Chapter 1~

Salma POV

People ask me why I love being alone but honestly I don't have an answer to that myself.

I have grown up as the only child, actually a lonely child whose parents are always out of town doing something or another.

My life is so boring and I barely have friends.
It not like they don't like me it just that I have always isolated myself from others.

Always in my own world filled with imagination of the books I read.
Books have always been apart of me and I wish that one day I become a book writer.

I do have one friend who always seems to take me out of the shadows I confine myself in and her name is Fatima.
She is my best friend,sister and cousin.
I love her so much and I think she is the only one who understands me.

We grew up together since we were cousins and my parents were always out of town.

I lived with them for a few years till I turned 17 and went back to live in my parents house but I am currently in Fatima is house.

We are preparing for Azra is wedding which is later today.Azra is my cousin and I have only seen her a handful of times.
We aren't that close but she is very friendly and nice.
Today she is getting married to her childhood love Abdul.

We were suppose to be there for her wedding preparations but because of our matric exams we couldn't make it but we promised we would be there for the wedding reception.

"Salma!!Are you done?", Fatima asks from outside the room.

"Yes!,you can come in"

"OMG!,you look so beautiful,I'm jealous",she compliments me

"You look beautiful yourself"I compliment her back.

Indeed we both look beautiful but I feel she looks more beautiful.
I am not used to compliments because I feel they aren't sincere.
I grew up as a darkskin child even though people say I still look beautiful with my darkskin color,I still feel very insecure.

"Anyways,let me help you with your makeup",she says."Sit down"

"No,you know I don't like makeup on my face"

"Come on it a wedding",she wrinkles her eyebrows.

"Okay,but it better be light make-up"

She does my makeup and hers after getting ready.After 2 hours we are finally done and ready to go.

We take a cab to the destination and it takes us 1 hour to reach since the venue is also far from Fatima is house.Fatima is parents couldn't make it has they had to go visit our grandma.

We enter the mansion and the decorations are lavishly gorgeous.
Music is playing in the background with some people dancing.
Others are eating and others are by the bride and groom.

The bride and groom are seated by the stage at the far end of the mansion.It has white flowers decorated all over it matching the groom and bride is attire.

They are both dressed in white and gold wedding attire.
Azra is looking very beautiful in her bridal attire with a shy smile on her face.

We walk towards them,with our gifts in hand.Obviously we wouldn't go to a wedding without a gift.

"Heyy",Azra stands to hug us both."I am so happy you both were able to make it"

"Of course we had",Fatima says

"We wouldn't miss it for the world",I add.

"Well,he is my husband ",she points towards the man who had already stood up and is standing next to her.

Cannot Be Hisजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें