iv. flip the coin

This was it. 

It was happening.

Ben Hargreeves was finally going mad. He couldn't even comprehend why he was so affected by a small interaction between him and the girl he wretchedly wanted to leave his brain. The tossing and turning in his bed had him torn. He was itching to get some rest.

His mind would not allow him to.

In the same vain, Natalie couldn't sleep. Her mind was racing. She was anxious. Lila had to be toying with her. Fucking with her. Mad that Natalie didn't want to be with someone so unsure of how she felt. Natalie was pissed off. 

She couldn't fathom why she decided to help Diego with a child that isn't hers. Stan was funny, especially when he was helping her mess with his Dad, but regardless. He wasn't hers. He was an imagine of Lila's uncertainty. Natalie wasn't stupid she was fully aware of Lila and Diego, but she wished that whatever had happened between them would've been Lila's final option.

Alas, it was not.

November, 1963

"Natty, come on." Laying on a bed holding hands was heaven for them. Just two girls, in love. "I don't want to." She whined as Lila grabbed her hands trying to escape from the bed which Natalie was dragging her to stay in. "We have a world to save you know?" Lila looked beautiful in her eyes. Staring up at her as if want Lila was looking at was an angel.

Natalie felt so loved.

"Well, I want some peace beforehand." Natalie had reach over to place a kiss on her lips but the girl jerked away. She was jittery. "Natty, I have something to tell you.."

"What is it?" 

"Me and Diego.."

Present. 

"Hey, Nat wake up." Maeve's soft worried tone had shook Natalie awake. Apart from the obvious shaking. Natalie could feel wet stains on her cheeks which she felt her sister brush away. "You wanna talk about it?" Maeve tilted her head to which Natalie shook hers. Yet she scooched making space for her sister to lay next to her.

"Just stay with me, please." Maeve let her sister put her head on her shoulder after getting comfortable. "Can you hum that song you used to sing?"

Maeve just did what her sister asked. She caressed Natalie's head, trying to sooth her mind. She didn't know how her sister always knew how to comfort her but she just did. She was grateful Maeve was there with her. She didn't know what she would do without her.

"Can we.. go somewhere?" 

"Where do you wanna go, Nat?"