Nothing will be the same

Kenric's POV:

a/n: finally some actual kenric and oralie moments <3333 but seriously its such wholesome content between them because im listening to love songs while writing this hehe

It had been officially a week since the last time Kenric was in the healing center. (no not Foxfire's healing center, it was a different one)

Kenric had returned to his normal Councillor castle that was next to Oralie, and he had began to make his return to official Council business (somewhat).

Sure, every time they had a meeting with someone who didn't know what happened, they raised an eyebrow at Kenric's crutches. 

Which reminded the Council that they needed to make an official announcement, which they still haven't done. 

After the weeks Kenric had gone off and died and came back, and then was held hostage by the Neverseen, and then his mind broke. 

It had taken him awhile to get situated again, but day by day it was getting better.

Especially if Oralie was with him.

Kenric was almost back to his normal self, minus the crutches. 

While everyone was off doing their assignments, Kenric sat at home, reviewing documents for the Neverseen. 

Because he was in first person contact with them, it was his job to sort out the memories and project them into a memory log. 

They were trying to find some more planted memories in Kenric, and investigating what they could mean. 

Of course, Kenric couldn't be left alone due to his current circumstances, so they had another Councillor watch over him and help him with the investigation.

The vote was unanimous. 

Oralie.

That was his only thought as he was sitting on the couch in the living room, filled with piles of papers on the Neverseen, and books to put his memories in.

Right on cue, Oralie walked in from the unlocked door. His heart pulled in his chest a bit, thinking about the time she was gone from his life.

She held a little bag that had a delectable aroma that wafted through the air. 

Kenric took a deep breath in, remembering the last time he even had mallowmelt. 

1 month ago. That's how long it was

He must've had a look of sorrow on his face, because Oralie put her hand gently on his shoulder, and he looked up at her.

"Ripplepuff?" She said, holding out the little bag. 

Kenric smiled and took one graciously from the bag. He took a bite into one, relishing the long forgotten taste.

He looked at the little filling inside, which was pink. His heart twisted even more.

"It's pink," He said with a smile on his face. He put the rest in his mouth.

"Thamk youfh" He said with his mouth full. 

Oralie laughed and reached her hand forward. "You've got a little something here-" 

She brushed her hand near the bottom of his cheek, near his lips. 

Kenric got lost in her azure blue eyes. Oralie paused her hand on his cheek, looking at him with the most melancholy look. 

Kenric broke the silence. "Why are you looking at me like that?" Kenric motioned for her to sit down next to him, clearing out the papers.