chapter 24

Stan's pov

I actually started to feel kind of sick. I can't believe Shelley just walked in on Kyle and I.

"Are you uh...are you okay?" I asked Kyle.

"Don't worry about me Stan," Kyle started, "you're the one who's not out, are you okay?"

  "I don't know..." I threw my head in my hands, "this is so not how I wanted my sister-or anyone in my family to find out."

  "Do you want to leave? Or want me to leave?" Kyle asked.

  "It's not that I want you to leave," I began, "but I need to go talk to her."

  Kyle and I put our shirts back on, and I walked him downstairs.

  "I'll see you tomorrow." Kyle said.

  "See you tomorrow." I repeated, kissing Kyle goodbye.

  He went back to his car, as I nervously walked up to Shelley's room, knocking on her door, something she should've done instead of just barging in my room.

"Come in..." Shelley called.

  I went in her room, and looked down as I thought of what to say.

  "Um...please don't tell mom and dad."

  "Really? That's all you have to say?" She asked.

  "What am I supposed to say?" I looked up at her, "I mean, I'm gay...that's really it..."

She was silent, but it was hard to read her face.

"Is that...okay with you?"

"What does that matter?" She asked.

"Well, I mean, it would really suck if my sister didn't support me." I said to her.

"Stan, it doesn't matter how I feel," she began, "I'm indifferent to it really."

"Okay, well, I guess not having an opinion on it is better than being against it." I said.

"Are you happy with him?" She asked.

"Yeah, I really am." I told her.

"Isn't that all that should matter?" Shelley asked me.

"Yeah, I guess you're right," I shrugged, "but still, don't tell mom and dad. I tell them when I'm ready."

-

  "Hey," Kyle smiled, coming up to me at school the next day, "everything go okay with your sister?"

   "Yeah, I think she's okay with it," I gave him a small smile, "and I convinced her not to tell my parents."

  "That's good to hear." Kyle smiled, leaning in to press a kiss to my lips.

The bell rang and I grabbed Kyle's hand as we walked to class together. I saw Wendy walking in the opposite direction, and she looked at me, giving me a smile. She did say I'd have her full support when I decided to come out. I smiled back at her, glad that everything seemed to be going well.