~Chapter 2: On Heaven, In Night~

After warming up with Saint-Saëns Introduction et Rondo Capriccioso in A Minor, Yang and Chen had six main classical pieces that they practised in the park: Prokofiev Violin Sonata No.2 In D Minor, Sibelius Violin Concerto D Minor, Brahms Violin Concerto in D Major, Tchaikovsky Violin Concerto in D Major, Mendelssohn Violin Concerto in E Minor, Paganini La Campanella in B-Flat Minor. Most of the time, The experience was spectacular. However, sadly, they couldn't do the same thing in Australia. It was always too hectic.

This was an addition to their daily schedules in Montréal. However, there was one day, that will be memorised forever. After a long, hectic, and productive day, it was finally time for the violinist duo to experience Heaven, and unleash their presentiment into the thing they most enjoy: Violin. According to their usual program, Prokofiev Violin Sonata No.2 In D Minor was the first on the list. So, that is what they started off with. After finishing the piece, it sounded abnormal; It was better than usual. It was aberrant, and surely, that was not a negative thing. Brett and Eddy decided to play Sibelius Violin Concerto in D Minor. and see how it would sound. After finishing, they again realised that it sounds eccentric, and better than usual. Which was super weird.

"We have never sounded this well? What happened? Did you practise an extra forty hours?" Brett chuckled as he asked.

"Nope! Haha, I practise forty hours a day! No more than! I wish though." Eddy answers, while gazing in Brett's eyes jokingly.

Brett smiles warmly, and laughs a little. Next thing is, they continue with their list of pieces they love to play.

However, Chen and Yang decided to finish the pieces, and did not think much about it. The violinist duo did appreciate the fact that their skills might have improved, and only enjoyed the music with pride. They got through the list, and certainly, much amusement. Chen and Yang were very proud, and decided to challenge themselves a little bit, and try out to play Ysaÿe Sonata No. 3 in D Minor, commonly known as "Ballade" Again, that sounded perfect. The violinists stopped worrying about their recently uncovered perfection. This was becoming even more enjoyable, until Yang and Chen decided to go extreme. Mahler's Fifth Symphony in C-Sharp Minor is what the violinist duo fancy. Brett and Eddy thankfully already have the manuscript memorised; so it was not problem playing it. If the violinist duo was honest, that the was "Finale" and probably the most perfect one they have played so far. Which was relieving.

However, the exhaustion in Brett and Eddy increased. So, they decided to take an appeasing stride back to their petite, and pleasant apartment.

"I'm going to bed, Eddy, you coming?" Brett asks, appearing to be half asleep.

"Sure. I'm coming!" Eddy exclaims, in a weary tone of voice.

Brett washes up, and climbs under the duvet. Soon enough, Brett feels a warm embrace around his full body. He was sure it was Eddy. Brett turned to Eddy, and cuddled near him. Finally, the depleted violinist duo falls asleep placidly in each others mellow aura.