Insatiable hunger

Doni was walking outside, the cool evening breeze chilling him, he sighed, he wondered what the rest were doing, how Lynix was doing. He wondered if Bionic would ever feel anything, and he wondered if Kiply would come to terms with everything that was going on. It all came crashing down on them a week ago, when they found out about a new infectious disease, one that could be inherited by bites. Doni shivered at the thought of becoming what he'd seen.

The forest was quiet, too quiet. Doni stopped when he heard the bushes rustling, his heart pixkeed up its speed.

......

Wait

Quiff..?

Quiff was eating a raw rabbit, blood stained the bleached part of his hair. His eyes were wide and dull. Lifeless, almost glowing. Doni was scared, so he backed off and ran, running fast because he doesn't want to find out if Quiff had it or not. but he was too slow. Quiff tackles him, pinning him to the ground. He had a starved look in his eyes. Doni was scared, was Quiff a cannibal?

Quiff quickly answered his question when a knife plunged through his diaphragm, earning a horrified scream. Quiff smiled, a gruesome sight it was. Doni was shaking, he'd always been afraid of death, he never thought he'd die at the hands of his best friend. The knife dragged right down to his stomach and Doni kicked and screamed, trying to escape. He cried and sobbed, pitifully trying to escape the hands of a cannibal.

Quiff smiled a manic grin, his heresy loomed over his conscience, he didn't want to do this. He didn't. What had even happened to him?

A visible bite mark was on his neck, bleeding furiously. Quiff covered Doni's mouth and started ripping skin and organs out of Doni and started chowing down on them, wet grotesque noises filled the evening air, disgusting and a sour smells of iron filled the forest.

Doni soon stopped breathing, and he let the blissful darkness envelope him into the cold void that was death. Quiff relished in the adrenaline rush, panting and grinning. He laughed, a manic smile plastered on his bloody face.

He looked down at his blood stained hands, the sticky Crimson liquid trickling down his hands and mouth. His smile wavered, a small voice ripped through his cerebellum, he winced, then he came back.

What had he done..?