Dreams

It was a cold winter night. Samantha, a beautiful girl in her teens, went hiking with her three friends, Preeti, Ashwini, and Richa. They found an old house nearby on the mountain and asked the security if they could stay for the night. The security tried to refuse them, but they didn’t listen. Eventually, the guard gave up and let them inside. “Behen, please stay together and don’t go inside any rooms no matter what. This place isn’t safe.” He warned them. The girls shook their heads even though they didn’t plan on obeying him. They explored the house and returned near the main hall once they were done exploring.
It was past midnight, Samantha woke up from her sleep and saw a door at the farthest end of the corridor open. She got curious, so she woke everyone up. But as soon as they woke up, that door instantly slammed shut with a loud bang. They all got nervous. Richa softly asked, “Maybe that was the guard. Don’t panic so much.” Her voice had a hint of fear. They all nodded and forced themselves to believe her words. Suddenly, another loud sound of a door shutting came from the upper floor. “Richa, how did the guard reach the first floor without using the stairs?” Preeti asked in a shaky voice. Richa gulped and replied, “Maybe, it's not the guard.” Ashwini’s curiosity took her peak. She never believed in any kind of spiritual things. “Maybe we should check if there is a thief or a robber.” She spoke. Samantha shook her head, “Ash, why will a thief come to a rundown house like this that can collapse any moment?” Ashwini thought for a moment and spoke, “Maybe the guard is their member, and he reported our presence, so they came to rob us. Whatever it is, we should check it.” Ashwini spoke. She wasn’t entirely wrong, so they agreed to check.
They decided to split up into two groups and check the house. Samantha and Preeti went upstairs while Ashwini and Richa went to the last door at the end of the corridor. Ashwini opened the door, and Richa stayed behind her. But as soon as Ashwini set her feet inside the room, the door slammed shut, and Richa remained alone in the corridor. She screamed in fear at what she had just witnessed.
On the other hand, Samantha and Preeti were walking through the first-floor corridor when suddenly Preeti screamed in fear. “What happened?” Samantha asked. Preeti was shaking in fear and pointed at the puddle of blood on the floor before her. Samantha was shaken at the sight. She looked up at the ceiling to see where the blood was coming from and saw a dead body hanging from the ceiling. When they carefully observed the face, they realized that she was Ashwini. Her eyes were wide open as if she were angrily staring at Samantha and Preeti. They both felt weak in fear and ran downstairs to see Richa staring at the door that Ashwini went through.
“Richa? Where is Ashwini?” Preeti asked in a shaky voice. Richa pointed at the door with her shaking hand. “Why are you alone?” Samantha asked with a gulp. Cold sweat was running down her spine. Richa started to speak while stuttering, “She…. She went past the d… door and… it closed on its own….” Samantha and Preeti gasped. “Richa, you won’t believe it but… Ashwini is upstairs…" Hung from the ceiling upside down. She is…. Dead.” Preeti spoke. Suddenly the door opened on its own again and Richa got pulled inside. Samantha and Preeti ran to stop her, but the door slammed shut again before they could reach her.
Their heart started racing. They knew one of them was next. Slowly and steadily, they stepped back from the door going further and further away. Once they were a good eight to nine feet away from the door, they started running to the main entrance to escape the place. But the door was locked. No matter how hard they pushed the door, it didn’t open. Preeti panicked and looked at Samantha, but suddenly, an old spear flew at Preeti and stabbed through her head. Preeti was dead on the spot. Samantha gasped and turned around to see another spear stabbing through her.
Samantha gasped awake and noticed they were all alive and still sleeping soundly and peacefully. She sighed in relief and was about to lay back to sleep when the door at the farthest end opened on its own.

________________________________________________