18

Jungkook felt like all the air vanished with Taehyung's horrible reveal. There were no words that could describe the horror he was feeling, the pure ice that had been poured inside his veins, the pure agony and anger drenching him and forbidding him to move.

Everything made so much more sense, the last puzzle piece formed a horrifying picture. And Jungkook understood, understood everything about Taehyung's behaviour, why he shied away from human contact, had to face the doors at all times, would flinch every time a loud noise appeared, always ready to run away, always cautious.

Why it had been so hard to trust Jungkook and his intentions. Why he couldn't interact with people who weren't familiar or his friends.

"Sweetheart," Jungkook breathed out, his arms tightening around Taehyung as if he wanted to hide him away. And maybe he wanted to, protect Taehyung from the entire world. This precious little angel... god, Taehyung did not deserve that. No one did but especially not the kindest soul, the sweetest little prince.

Jungkook met eyes with Jimin, Jimin, Taehyung's best friend, of course he had known. The pain on his face, the anger in his eyes told Jungkook as much and he suddenly understood Jimin and his antics, his overprotectiveness. Because Taehyung had been put to hell and Jimin wasn't there to protect him.

"That's not all," Jimin growled. Seeing Jungkook with the same emotions when Taehyung had told him under heartbreaking sobs, seeing the jock as affected as he had felt, still felt, caused a surprising bond between the two: both wanted to protect the little blonde in their middle, who was hiding in Jungkook's chest, sobbing silently.

"Tae, do you want me to tell Jungkook? If you don't have the energy, that's totally fine."

"Yes Sweetheart," Jungkook joined, gentle hands carefully rubbing Taehyung's back that seemed so much more fragile now, "don't force yourself to tell. You've been so strong and I'm so proud of you. This fucking asshole doesn't deserve to have any effect on you."

And maybe it was the last sentence, growled lowly and menacingly, that Taehyung lifted his head and looked at Jungkook. Looked at him throughout for the first time and wondering why Jungkook was so kind to him. He felt the sudden urge to kiss the jock, press close and never let go.

He contained himself. Because Jimin was in the room and Taehyung wanted to feel confident and strong If he ever were to confess his feelings. If he ever were ready to maneuver himself into a vulnerable position again.

"Please, Jiminie," Taehyung whispered, silently asking Jungkook for forgiveness for not being able to tell him himself but the blue-haired shook his head as an answer to Taehyung's silent plea, assuring the blonde that it was okay. Again, Jungkook gave Taehyung so much security and didn't ask for anything in return. Truly a miracle, that boy was. Jeon Jungkook was so unlike everyone Taehyung had ever encountered.

"Okay, bub. As long as you're comfortable with it."

"I am, Jiminie. I trust him," Taehyung whispered before he rested his head back against Jungkook's sturdy chest. The blue-haired felt giddy, trying not to squeal because his crush was currently cuddling close to his chest and Taehyung said he trusted him! Best. Day. Ever! Well. Despite the fact that his crush, gorgeous, pure angel Taehyungie told him the worst you could imagine.

"I wasn't there when it went down but Taehyungie's story was filled with details by Joohyuk. That's Tae's Dad," Jimin began and Jungkook nodded, remembering Taehyung's father to be a kind man with a talent for baking.

"Many tried to woo Tae but he didn't want anyone close. Joshua had tried to be friends with Tae but when he told me about him and that he seemed scary, I proposed Tae to test him. It was then revealed that Josh harbored a crush on Taehyungie. Joshua was the only one who couldn't deal with rejection and he developed... nasty behaviors. Following Tae home, making fake accounts to oversee his social media, threaten his friends... Joshua soon became obsessive."