09

Kabanata 9

I don't know how I ended up at the same place as him. I also don't know how I ended up here at the hotel's garden alone with him. But here I am, sitting on a swing with him.

"Why did I agree to come with you?" I asked him. He just smirked and hand tooed me some water that he got from a waiter earlier. Tinanggap ko naman yon at binuksan. I had a hard time opening it so he took it from my hands and opened it effortlessly.

"Cause of my irresistable looks?" He handed me the water bottle while smirking.

I rolled my eyes at him. The audacity! Pumayag lang naman akong pumunta dito with him because the party was suffocating me already.

"Nakakaoffend naman ang reaction mo," he even put his hands on his heart and acted like it hurt.

"Ikaw nga nakakaoffend eh... After you gave me the silent treatment the whole day, you're taking care of me now? Just because you saw me so vulnerable?" Reklamo ka naman sa kaniya.

He didn't answer. Nagtaka ako kung bakit nanahimik na siya kaya lumingon ako sa kaniya. Nakayuko siya while swinging a little bit.

"See? Di ka nga nakasagot.." I trailed off.

He had such the confidence earlier na kausapin ako but now he won't even look at me. Tumingin nalang ako sa harap while also playing with the swing.

"I was shy," he suddenly uttered.

I slowly glanced at him. Did I even hear that right? Siya? Nahihiya?

"I was shy with what I said yesterday, I thought you found me weird," He chuckled bitterly.

The grouchiness in me immediately faltered and was replaced with shock. He still wasn't looking at me. I slowly laughed. Tumingin naman siya sa akin at tinaasan ako ng kilay.

"What's funny?" He asked still raising a brow.

"I also felt so bad the whole day because I was worried that I might have weirded you out with my questions yesterday," I said still laughing a bit.

His face immediately plastered a smile. We were laughing together there.

"Then were both weird." Ani niya. Tumawa din naman ako dun.

The garden was quiet but it wasn't lonely at all, because I actually have someone with me tonight.

Someone like a friend to me, of course.

I wonder if my mom is already looking for me? Pero mukang hindi naman niya mapapansin siguro na nawawala ako. And I doubt she will think that I'm spending time with a man. I bet she thinks I'm still with those girls.

Those awfully judgmental girls.

"Are you okay?" Khyle asked after the long silence.

Mapait din naman akong ngumiti sa kaniya. I forgot that he saw me crying earlier.

"Hmm.. better? at least," I turned to him. "If you're going to judge me... go on."

He smiled and shook his head. He looked up to the sky and smiled. I watched him do that.

He looked... Good.

"I don't have the right to do that, no one has the right to do that," he met my stare and gave me a meaningful look.

Tinitigan ko rin ang mga mata niya. I did'nt break my stare and so did he. The atmosphere between us turned completely quiet but it wasn't awkward at all.

It was honestly.. soothing.

I looked away because I didn't want him to see more of my weakness, though I'm sure he knew so much already.