𝐯𝐢𝐢𝐢. praying to his greed

IN THE moo-mobile Cassie realised they needed a back up plan just in case. Problem was, Cassie sucked at making plans, that was Annabeth's thing.

Eurytion was at the back with them. He had tied their hands and legs, but he hadn't gagged them.

Then Cassie remembered, she could use charmspeak. Silena had been teaching her more. "This must suck."

Eurytion turned to her. "What does?"

"You are literally immortal and waist it serving a guy who can't shop in Miu Miu."

Eurytion looked confused. "Because he has three chests?"

"Duh. At least if you ran this place, but no, you're his side hoe."

He thought over her words, with his eyes glossy. "Hm I get your point..."

The moo-mobile came to an abrupt stop before Cassie could continue.

Geryon hoped of and Eurytion did too.

Geryon shot Cassie a dirty look. "Careful with that one, she's a daughter of Eros, she'll use charmspeak."

"Me?"

Eurytion realised what she had tried to do in the moo-mobile. "I'll gag them."

~  🫀 *  🏹  ~

THE deck was set up for a party.

Streamers and balloons decorated the railing. Geryon was flipping burgers on a huge barbecue cooker made from an oil drum.

The two-headed dog sniffed the ribs and burgers that were frying on the grill.

Cassie, Tyson, Grover, Annabeth and Nico all tossed in a corner, tied up like rodeo animals, with their ankles and wrists roped together and their mouths gagged.

Nico couldn't stopped moving, bouncing up and down. Grover looked about to have a panic attack, Tyson was counting gods know what very calm, Annabeth looking around trying to from a plan.

Cassie fumbled with the ropes, they were tight but not that bad, she wiggled her hands, but it didn't work.

"Let them go!" Percy yelled suddenly. "I cleaned the stables!"

Geryon turned. He wore an apron on each chest, with one word on each, so together they spelled out: KISS - THE - CHEF.

"Did you, now? How'd you manage it?"

"Let my friends go," Percy said. "We had a deal."

"Ah, I've been thinking about that. The problem is, if I let them go, I don't get paid."

"You promised!"

Geryon made a tsk-tsk noise. "But did you make me swear on the River Styx? No you didn't. So it's not binding. When you're conducting business, sonny, you should always get a binding oath."

Percy drew his sword. Orthus growled. One head leaned down next to Grover's ear and bared its fangs.

Cassie wasn't having it, she focussed on the dog's heartbeat, and suddenly it plopped on the floor.

Eurytion rushed to check on his beloved dog, but he was just asleep.

"Eurytion;" Geryon said, "the boy is starting to annoy me. Kill him."

Eurytion studied Percy.

"Kill him yourself," Eurytion said.

Cassie gasped, not that anyone saw with the gag on. Go Eurytion.