A new begining

-AnnMarie POV

"Go girl it's ya birthday open wideeee I know you thirstyyy say ahhhh!" Candy sings while handing me a shot of Patroñ. It's finally my 20th birthday and currently 10 am but I wasn't feeling it without Patrick. However, candy went out of her way to come down and spend the weekend with me so I'm going to make it the best that I can.

"You always know how to cheer me up" I say smiling taking the shot and throwing it back before being interrupted by a knock at the door.

"Are you Ann Marie ?" A strange man says standing in the door way.

"Ummm yeah depending on whose asking"

"Good these are for you, from Patrick" he says smiling and turning to another man who was coming in the door with 2 vases of pink roses and a bag from the Gucci store. After taking the bag and looking inside my eyes light up at the new purse infront of me.

"Thank you !" I say before  letting them back out and turn back to Candy.

"Even behind bars that nigga still pull through." Candy says smiling with me as well.

"Girl don't you be concerned about Jay just a little ? Him and Pat was separated to serve they sentences and I haven't heard much about him."

"I did write him but I'm moving forward with my life in a positive way. I don't need him and that jail talk getting to me" she says causing me to chuckle. "But anyways we're going out this time for your birthday because you stood me up for Pat last time!"

"Well he stood me up because he got kidnapped so either way it was terrible" I say and we both chuckle. After our small talk we decided on going to the mall to look for something cute to wear.

"Are you sure you can handle him and the kids while I'm gone?" I ask Miss Pam while I do a final outfit check in our living room mirror.

"Girl I got this, and the kids still at school , me and junior will be fine." She says gently bouncing him as he slob all down her shoulder. I give him a quick kiss before candy and I are on our way to the mall.

"Damnnn this shit is expensive! That's the only thing I miss about Jay. I haven't been inside a Gucci store since." Candy says checking the price tags of the clothes.

"Well this on my tab because we gotta be some bad bitches tonight for my birthday, and you're in college long as you find that lawyer you'll be in more than Gucci." I say causing her to smile.

"You right ! But I can't let you take the tab Marie it's your birthday.."

"Candy please." I say shoving a cute leather dress into her arms. "Go try this on"

"I guess" she squeal as she twist off to the dressing room smiling. As I'm looking through more clothing racks my phone begin to ring. I pull it from my pocket seeing the jail number displayed across the screen. I quickly answer it accepting the call with a smile on my face.

"Hey baby"

"Hey bae happy birthday! Did you get my gifts?"

"Yes and I love them. Thank you , you even came through behind bars" I say making him chuckle.

"You know it. Hopefully I'll be outta here soon and we can take a trip. I miss yall ." He says making me smile

"We miss you too.."
-
-
"This the last stop then we can go back home" I say parking outside the prison. I had only seen Patrick once since he's been incarcerated and I desperately wanted to see him today. After our jail call I just wanted to feel him.