Chapter 2

*Ann Marie POV

"It's a lot of sexy bitches in here tonight!" The Dj yells over the music through the microphone. Candy decided on taking me to the famous club "Dream" close to downtown. The place was packed wall to wall with people and the bartenders were definitely working over time.

"Damnnn candy! How do you know about this place?" I say looking around in awe.

"All the ballers be here girl you know that's one thing I'll never let go. A money spending nigga." She says cheesing.

"ID's?" The bartender ask as soon as we walk over. I'm newly 20 there was no way in hell we were about to get those drinks. While Candy negotiate with the bartender I continue scoping the crowd when my eyes land on a man I never seen before. His chocolate skin reflected the lights as well as his expensive jewelry. Everything about his aurora said "drug dealer" with his many chains dangling around his neck, a fresh stack of one's for strippers in his hand and the group of niggas and groupies flocking him. I watch him closely as he was led to a VIP section by a bottle girl.

"Here you go." Candy says handing over a drink causing me to look at her confused. "Fake ID, that's something I found in college." She says as we make our way to the dance floor. I quickly sip my drink down so I can begin to feel more comfortable and actually wanna dance. And sure enough after so long I was dancing to every song that blasted through the speakers. I begin shaking in my ass and Candy goofily pretends to catch it.

"Excuse me?" Turning around I see the man I was scoping out earlier standing right behind me. Damn he sure is even finer up close but I'm now an engaged woman. "You looking real good mama" he says loudly over the music with his fragrance intruding my nose.

"It's her birthday! You should buy her a drink!" Candy says before I can respond. I side eye her cause she know pat would kill us if he knew about this.

"Oh word it's ya birthday? Well come on up to my section it's plenty to drink." He says grabbing my hand leading me to the section and I never got to say a word. I quickly grab candy's hand to pull her along with us.

"This my homie Tito" he says introducing candy and I to his friend.

"I'm candy and this my best friend Marie." Candy says introducing us.

"Well Marie Im Fred and I would like to take you out sometimes if that's okay." He says pouring a drink before handing it to me.

"Well Fred, that's flattering but I'm engaged." I say declining his offer.

"If I had a girl that looked as good as I'll be damned if she celebrate her birthday alone.. where he at?" Fred ask nosily.

"He's locked up right now but he'll be home soon" I say taking a swig of my drink.

"Well it's all good ma, ima still make sure you enjoy your birthday in his absence. It's the least I can do since I can't holla at ya." He says smiling before throwing some ones on a stripper infront of us. As the night goes on Fred definitely made sure Candy and I was enjoying our night. There was endless drinks, endless weed and endless fun. I almost didn't want the night to end.

"I hope I kept my promise and showed you a good time." Fred says as we make our way to my car. Him and Tito insisted on making sure we made it safely to my car and wouldn't take no for an answer. Especially since they had got us drunk.

"You surly did, I hope we can all go out again as friends and have a good time." I say as we finally make it to my car.

"Most definitely can make that happen anytime. Take my number." He says reaching for my phone. I quickly hand it to him letting him dial his number in before handing it back.