Chapter 8

Lights and lamps? Checked

Stage decorations? Checked.
Hall decorations? Checked.
Music? Checked.
Food and food stalls? Checked.
Groom? Checked.
Bride? Che-wait-uh-

" Checked. " Naira shouted as she ran towards Shivangi and Khwaish who were making sure that everything was ready.

" I just saw her...she is looking damn prettyy!"
Naira compliment her elder sister.

" Reallyyy? I want to see herr tooo."
Shivangi pouted.

" You want to see her?"

" Yes."

" Toh kaam khatam karo pehele, phir dekhlena." Naira said as she left leaving Shivangi and Khwaish behind to continue their work.

After one hour, 8:00 pm.

The Rathore's were already present in the backyard, where the engagement ceremony was going to take place. The relatives and gues were gossiping, soft music playing in the background as the Rathore's were eagerly waiting for the bride to-be.

The Rajput's men were already present there, the only missing people were Rajput's ladies and girls.

Soon, Akhankshya and Swarna joined them in the backyard as Shiddhartha asked his wife," Ishu aur baki sab kahan h?".
("Where is ishu and everyone else?")

" G, Naira bass last touch up kar rhi thi..aarhe honge." She said said as others nodded.
("G, Naira was doing the last touch up ...  they will be coming.")

Soon, silence engulfed as only the soft romantic music was playing in the background can be heard. Everyone's attention shifted towards the bride-to-be who just entered with her sisters behind.

Ishita reached near the stage as she stood infront of Veeranshu. She passed a slight smile looking at him. She felt her heart clenching, as she remembered yesterday night's incident. How badly she wants to run away from all this and cry her heart out.

However, she forced out a bright smile and looked at the camera men who asked for some poses.

The ring exchanged ceremony started, as Shivangi from Ishita's side and Kiara from Veeranshu's side went towards the stage with the rings.

Shivangi forwarded the plate towards Ishita to pick up the ring, with a small nod, Ishita picked up the ring. Ishita looked into Veeranshu's eyes, different emotions swirling in his charcoal black orbs. Gulping down her saliva, with trembled hands and sweety hand she finally slipped the ring with Veeranshu's ring finger.

Claps echoed as the couple forced out a smile looking at everyone.

" Veer bhai, it's your turn." Kiara whispered as she forwarded the plate towards Veeranshu.

Veeranshu looked at the ring then at Ishita, he looked at the ring again as his body shivered, his hands trembled, he felt a immense pain in his throat.