chapter 1

It's wonderful out today. The smell of wet soil, the grey clouds surrounding the sky and the cold breeze. Amazing. I walk towards my car which was parked on the left side of the hospital. I was about to start my car when my phone buzzed. I looked at the screen and a smile formed on my face.

"Assalamualaikum mamma."

"Walaikumsalam dear. Are u still at the hospital?"

"No mamma, I am just about to drive out." I say as i start the car. This baby was gifted by my father last years-a black car, with a fairly large layout.

"I have got a news for you."

"what happened mom?" I asked her only to earn a giggle from the other side.

"u got a marriage proposal." I could sense her wide grin even from here.

"really? How is the guy? His family? Is he a good Muslim?" I asked her frankly. There were few proposals for me but i never liked them. They never stood with the standard i had. 

"u get home soon. Then I will tell you, u would be happy to hear it."

My lips curved upwards, "if u say so mamma, I will get home soon then.Allahfiz."

i start the car, my smile still plastered on the lips. hearing about marriage always gives me this giddy feeling. a good giddy feeling. most of the girls didn't wanted to marry this early. but for me, marriage is the plan B of my life for this duniya.

"assalamualaikum." I entered the house and tiptoed to the kitchen. That's where I will find her.

"walaikumsalam!" my mother exclaimed.

"yes! Now tell me what you were talking about on phone."

"yes. Yes. Just look at you getting so impatient." My mom teased me.

I smiled, "oh stop teasing me mom and just tell me!"

Just one word. Well- not literally but still.

Arsalan Siddiqi!?

Is mamma joking right now!?

Arsalan Siddiqi, he is a well known business man-not only in India, but in the Asia. He is famous for his cold eyes but yet polite nature. Though many also fear his short tempered nature, he was also admired for his rigid and unbreakable stand on his deen.

I too- was one of his admirer, I had respect for him. A man with money and fame and also close to allah? Mashallah!!

"mom...how did they even got to know papa's number?"

"apparently they both knew each other...and they heard about you so they asked your photo and bio data"

"so.... Did u send it to them..?"

"not now. I thought of asking you first, you fuss too much at little things."

I was glad they didn't send my photo to them yet. I needed to choose it of course. I sat on the sofa, removing my hijab and placing it beside me as I opened my phone to search out a photo of mine where I was fully covered with hijab.

"here. U can send this to them." i say as i send the photo to my mother's mobile.

My mother looked at me with a hint of proudness.

Here is the first chapter everyone, I hope you liked it.

Like, comment, vote.

See you next time! Take care!