Chapter 2

Everything around me was dark. I could sense but not see. I tried to move, I grunted as my body was stuck. Is this how I go? Well, this is a rather unfortunate way to go. It was an eerie silence. But it was ironic to me because it felt nice.

'Welcome to The Fortunate Ones. The game mode randomly selected was impossible. Good luck, Dear player.'

Wait. This game..it sounds weirdly familiar. I just can't grasp it. Then, I drifted off. Into the world of wonders.

"Young miss?" I felt a tap on my shoulder.
"Young miss?" Asked the voice once again. I groaned as I flipped my body from side to side. "Young miss?" Said the voice once again.
"What?" I snapped. Opening my eyes. It took me a moment to realise. My voice was way less stressed. Way more feminine and soothing. What actually happened?

As I took a look at the surroundings. This room was extravagant. I felt my eyes shine for a second. The area my bed was in was a square pedestal that was quite large. The bed was in the middle. The silk that lay on it felt softer than my skin has in years. The sun glistened on the coffee table that sat on the other side of the room. Was it diamonds that decorated it? Everything looked majestic. Especially the golden glow that was across the baby blue sky. My mouth dropped in surprise.

I turned to the woman standing beside my bed. She was a rather dainty but held a strong structure. Her arms lay flat against her sides. She had a delicate face with large hazel eyes shaped like a doe. Pale skin and rich red lips. She was beautiful.

"Who are you?" I asked stuttering in my speech. The girl looked at me fairly confused and examined my face.
"Miss, do you not remember me?" She slowly pronounced. I blankly stared at her.
"Oh.." She muttered. "It's me. Penelope. Your maid?" She said sad. I was utterly confused. "I guess your father has been rather rough on you. Miss, should I get you a glass of water?" She asked politely. I just nodded. "A-and a mirror to!" I shouted after her as she hurried out my room opening the large golden doors. I had a suspicion. I really needed to confirm it. I started talking to myself. Goodness, this really is my voice.

As I sat there admiring my voice. Penelope came running back in. "Here, miss." She handed it to me bowing and taking a step back to place the mirror on my bedside table.

The water was a cold refreshing realisation that this wasn't all a dream. This was for real. "Is it alright if you could leave me alone for a while?" I asked Penelope. She jumped up and stared at me astonished rather. "Of course!" She whispered stepping out the room.

I took a few deep breaths. The next few seconds will truly decide my fate. Maybe I was exaggerating or whatever but I was truly intrigued. My hands were shaking slightly as I grabbed the mirror. I tried to distract myself with the decorations of the mirror. It was lavishly accessorized with many different pink gems. I closed my eyes and took the deepest breaths. As I slowly opened my eyes. The mirror dropped. This..was me? No, it could never. I picked up the mirror again rapidly. The lady staring back at me was angelic. Beautiful and any other synonym of that word.

I had light blond hair that was unbelievably long. I felt my hair and I would dare say it was softer than the silk on my bed. My eyes were jade green that shined like crystals. Pale white skin. My face that was very slim but prominent facial features. Everything was perfect. Not a flaw. It felt unreal. I could have never imagined this back in my world. I realised that I didn't know where I was.
"The Unfortunate Ones.." I whispered. "Yes..The Unfortunate Ones.." I agreed to myself. "Where did I hear this before?" I quarried. I tried to remember. "Penelope.." Then it hit me. I knew where I was. "Penelope?" I screamed. Where was she? I ignored that fact and ran to my desk. Took the quill and paper. Then started brainstorming.

This world. This game rather. Was a game that I played back in high school. It was really popular back then. This game was about political wars. The Female leads family. The Arzen family. Was going through a political downfall. The female lead Hani, had to go work in a lot of workhouses. It was heavily based off the 17th century. The family could not pay back their debts. That led to the fall of the Arzen family. The female lead lost all hope and on a fateful night she met the Male lead. Kian Eckhart, he was the son of one of the richest families of the time. The Eckhart family. The love ridden son of a billionaire fell so in love. Hani wasn't accepted because of her background. This is the story of a forbidden love.

Their was one key factor about the story though. There was always bound to be a villain. This is where the Melodica family come in. They, after the Eckhart family, could be considered the richest family. They had one key character. The villain, Kiya Melodica. She was the woman originally engaged to Kian Eckhart. She was the downfall of her family. The allegedly hated one. She caused her family to go bankrupt and poorest of the poor. Just for a futile thing. Love.

This is an open world interaction game. You can play as every character and interact with everyone as you wish. Another thing is that - overall Kiya was the least played character. Most hated and also the hardest to finish. The story line may differ for everyone but it always ended up with two key scenes. The marriage of the male lead and the female lead. Lastly, the death of the villain. The one that always harassed the female lead.

The Unfortunate One.