Chapter Twenty Six ~ Closed Doors

Darkness. Pain.

So basically, the usual.

"Cashile!"

I turned around and saw Ibiki, accompanied by a foreigner, inside my mind.

"How... You shouldn't even be aware that we're in your mind! How are you here?!" The stranger exclaimed.

"You're not exactly blocking me out now, are you?" I asked.

"Well, no," he admitted.

"Exactly. Nothing's stopping me from being here. And I don't exactly want you to go groping through my mind without supervision." I wrinkled my nose in displeasure. Leading these idiots inside my mind...

"I guess that makes sense," he admitted, looking around, "Where are we?"

"My mind," I gave a sarcastic response immediately. "This way. And don't touch anything." I said, skipping the pleasantries. I wanted to get them out of my head ASAP.

"Ungrateful brat," Ibiki muttered under his breath, but loud enough for me to hear.

I smirked. "That's more like it. Hurry up!"

"Cashile- I'm Yamanaka Inoichi--"

"I don't care who you are. " I interrupted the intruder.

A fist crashed into my face and I flew backwards. "Agh!" I snarled, slamming into the tiled floor. Totally unnecessary show of force, considering they were my guests.

"Disrespectful brat!" Ibiki yelled.

I grimaced. "Cut it out, I'm in enough pain already." Ha, that should make him feel guilty enough. And it's not like that actually hurt me. He wasn't actually here, and nor was I.

But it still worked like a charm. He didn't apologized, but the slightest worry crossed his face and he allowed me to pick myself up off the floor.

"Now," I said, dusting and straightening out my clothes.

I lead them through a long, brightly corridor which contained a series of doors running up and down the sides. Some were smaller and more discrete, while others were large and noticeable.

Turning a corridor, I took them up a long staircase. I made a sharp right turn, continuing up in rising squares.

"Cashile, when I asked you where we were, of course I realized it was your mind," the man huffed beside me.

"And obviously I knew you knew that," I rolled my eyes.

"Then why-- well, never mind, but continuing on to my real question--"

"Oops. It looks like we got caught in one of my traps," I cut him off.

"Trap? What? But we've just been climbing this staircase," Ibiki replied.

"Exactly. Look."

Both of the shinobi glanced around, only to realize we'd been climbing up a completely connected staircase.

"But how? That's not possible!" The blonde haired man exclaimed.

"What, not familiar with the Penrose Steps? My mind. My rules. C'mon," I said, turning from what was now a drop off and hurrying down the stairs. "Sorry about the delay!" I threw over my shoulder, "Not that it really matters."

"Matters? Of course it matters!" Ibiki exclaimed.

"Well, we have plenty of time--"

"You're dying," Ibiki cut me off.