Lost Soul

Alpha Luke Timere

"No! No! No! No!" I screamed, my vocal cords straining from the increased pressure.

I ran to the cliff's edge, now collapsing to my knees, as if on instinct. When Sabrina crossed the borders to the Sanatores lands and disobeyed my orders as her alpha, my body felt like it never had before.

My heart was a racing mess, jumping at an irregular speed. It pounded like a caged animal that pleaded its release into the wild. I fell to my knees as a weakness took over my body, something I had never felt before.

I have always been a strong, powerful, maliceful, alpha just like my father. Not even a machine gun could have taken me down. My body and mind were built of stone, just like a Timere should be.

But yet, this petite, short, blonde, beautiful, gentle wolf, had taken down her big, bad alpha. A girl who would never even dream of hurting another wolf or living being. The girl wouldn't even want to hurt the pest living in her bedroom.

She was a keeper of all hearts...including mine.

My hands grasped at the dirt below me, being tainted by an unknown rain. I looked up to the sky, thinking as if the moon goddess had made it rain on us all at this moment. But saltwater could not have come from the sky. It was coming from my eyes.

I studied the salty tears that made the dirt in my hands turn into mud. I took the handful of mud, and angrily threw it off the cliff from where I was leaning. I watched fall, slowly sinking away into a dark oblivion.

Maybe if the soil was dry again Sabrina would come back. I picked up a handful of dirt again, this time shifting to another location on my knees. It soon turned into mud. I was frustrated. No, beyond frustrated. Why did this keep happening?

I couldn't hear any noises. It was as if the world had come to an end. There weren't any wolf howls like there were just a moment ago. I couldn't hear my brothers' voices in my head anymore. I was focused on hearing Sabrina's voice, hoping that she would just come back.

That she would turn around. That she would have stopped that car. That she would have come to me in a time of trouble.

"He's here! Dad! Mom!" I've never heard Wren's voice sound so unfamiliar. The strain made it hard to recognize him.

Loud ringing noises rang in my ears. "Ahhh!" The pain was unbearable. Making everything sound like being under a pool of water. I felt like I was drowning under more and more water every minute.

"Goddess! Luke! It's okay, honey. It's mom and dad. Your brothers are here. Beta Marrock and his family are here. We are all here. You are safe." I could hear my mother's voice floating, her familiar warm embrace wrapping around my shoulders.

My dad's arms could be felt around me too, joining us on the edge of the cliff, now engulfing my mother and I in his arms. I felt something warm and wet fall onto my arm, and when I opened my eyes, I thought it was Mom. But, it wasn't. It was my dad, the merciless Alpha Ares.

"I can't stand it anymore! Make it stop!" I cried out, my hands clasping at my ears, swatting away my parents' embrace. My heart felt like it was going to come out of my throat. It was jumping harder and harder the more moments passed without her.

"What's wrong with him?" Ezra ran to where we were kneeling, now going to comfort my mom.

The rest of my brothers, now completely naked, from shifting, had gathered at the edge of this cliff. I examined them all. They all had tears trickling down their faces. Pain and sorrow are etched deep inside of them.

This was weird, I wasn't the only one who was heavily affected by Sabrina's loss. She not only broke me but the rest of the royal family as well.

"I don't know. He won't stop shaking. I'm having a hard time sensing his wolf." Dad whispered, his alpha wolf completely retreated. "We need to get him to Doctor Rush, right now!"