18. Crack Jenny's Teacup

Just a lil sumtin sumtin to hold yall over till I can get home to finish up the second upload
Enjoy, lovelies! :)
xoxo

Crack Jenny's Teacup - Spend the night with a prostitute

Alistair

The first thing my mind could recall from the day, was a swift kick to my stomach

"Get up." Cael grunted, to which my body reacted before my scrambled, pounding brain caught on. I found myself quickly pushing this rigid body into a sitting position on the floor, with my sore joints practically on fire as I did.

"The hostility is unwarranted." I muttered, attempting to wipe the remnants of sleep from my good eye.

"Unwarranted, ye say? Hmm, well I'd say that me working on your ship for the last hour alone, was unwarranted." Cael was quick to reply with, not even registering the fact that I was still on the ground. In his defense, I guess he had seen me in worse states.

"Fuck," I grumbled, forcing myself off the ground until I stood close to eye level with Cael. His face quickly scrunched up in disgust.

"You reek of rum."

"You're lucky that's all I reek of." I countered but continued to move, first walking around the bed to the amour where I had kept a few clothes for this stay, including my long black leather coat. Next was the large sword still resting against the wooden bedside table, right where I had left it. "Not a single man made it?"

Cael shook his head no. "Not even Snips."

I would've been surprised if I didn't see how drunk the man got the night before and into the early hours before daybreak. The fact that none of my men made it to the ship however, did surprise me.

"Do you know what destination their drunken minds chose through the night?"

"Some are in the homes of Gaia's daughters, surely enjoying their time there, while the rest most likely found their way to a brothel."

I turned to Cael just as I finished fastening my sword at my side, before pulling the jacket's side flap forward and concealing some of the sheathed blade.

"Go visit Gaia's daughter's homes, Caspian and I will stop by the brothel on our way to the ship. I don't care what shape they're in, get them up. The only one allowed to rest is Coop and that is for no other reason besides the fact that my head is pounding far too ferociously for me to manage a protest from Gaia."

Cael slowly nodded, stepping aside slightly as he followed me out into the corridor and closed the door behind him. I led us down the back stairwell till we reached the dining hall, first welcomed by the smell of food, before I caught sight of Nalia. She was walking a few bowls out of the kitchen to set on one of the many now clean tables.