VII - Look At Me *Small Trigger Warning*

*Small trigger warning*

'Helicopter boy' re-united with his family, turns out his name was Rick and he worked with Shane.

****

Rick released Daryl from the floor, Daryl grunted and spat at him before walking off, turns out the had left him on a roof wich didn't make Daryl or Jo very happy.

"Glenn, Rick and i are going back for Merle and bag of bloody guns" Daryl mumbled to his sister as he went past her.

They left soon after that, Jo went to take a nap.

****

The bell rung for 1st lesson, Jo pulled her hair to cover shoulder, wich had already been covered by a beige hoodie.

She walked into Maths and Mr Cross glanced at her. She was the only person in there and so he took the opportunity to speak to her, "Show me your shoulder, Jo."

She did.

She trusted him, he was the only teacher who knew what she was going through, he was the only teacher that cared, that knew she only wore covering clothes when she had been hurt so bad makeup couldn't cover it.

Students laughed and threw footballs at eachother as they entered the classroom making Jo quickly cover up her shoulder and sit down, taking her taxtbook out of her bag.

A few minutes into the lessonMr Cross turned to write algebra equations on the chalkboard and a paper-aeroplane landed infront of Jo.

She carefully unfolded the paper and read the scruffy, scratchy writing.

I bet that when your sucking my dick you wont be so mute

She crumpled the paper and turned to the boy who threw it, Chetan Andrews. The 'popular' boy.

The other football boys were patting his shoulder and laughing as Cheetan slumped in his chair and winked at Jo, making her feel uncomfortable and frightened.

****

When Jo woke up from her flashback-dream she walked outside her tent to see thta the three people had already returned.

1.

2.

3.

4.

5.

6 visible guns, probably more.

One visible brother.

Jo walked towards a miserable looking Daryl and she knew already.

"He chopped his hand off, Couldn't find him." Daryl saud as he checked how many bullets were in the rifle he was holding.

Jo was wrong, she half knew. She knew he would be gone, but she didn't expect him to have cut off his hand.

****

Later that evening all members of the small quarry camp were gathered around the campfire, eating squirrels. Wich most of them found unpleasant yet not distasteful.

Amy stood up and Andrea grabbed her wrist, "Where are you going?"

"To pee" Amy said, earning a laugh from camp. The blonde woman made her way over to the rv and closed the door behind her. A few moments later she flung the door open and laughed, "We have no toilet pape-" She was cut off by her own bloodcurdling screams.

Everyone in the camp went dead silent as they processed what was happening, wathing the walker pull a shunk of flesh from the adults forearm.

A second walker began to bare its teeth at Amy's neck and Andrea screamed. Suddenly Jim jumped from his seat and ran to her blocking the dead mans teeth.

Jo put her hand to her facee as she saw more of the dead surrounding the camp, getting ready to kill.

Everybody split away from eachother as they scrambled in diffrent directions.

Walkers trampled across the flames of the fire just to reach them.

By the rv Jim stamped on two walkers heads and winced as he tapped a patch of blood on his chest, "Mothefucker" He mumbled lightly before turning to the sobbing girl next to him who was sunk into the floor, clutching her arm.

Jim stood her up and pulled her into the rv, closing the door.

"Thank you" Amy managed to breath out through the pain, knowing that he was the only reason she was still alive, even if it was only for another hour.

"This might not work but i think i know how to save you" He said, biting his lip.

Suddenly he took of his belt and tied it tightunder her shoulder.

"What are you doing?" The panick became more visible in Amy's face.

Jim went to the small kitchenette area and grabbed a large knife and all of a sudden hacked at her flesh, just below the belt.

A scream echoing throughout the small tin-can and the woodlands around it.

Jim tightened the makeshift tournequet and wrapped up the open wound, the shocl of the event had already caused Amy to pass out. He placed what was left of her arm above her head, to minimise the blood flow.

Meanwhile Jo was huddled by the back of the rv, not sure what to do.

Jim, inside of the rv heard a bit of thudding around, he grabbed a gun and glanced out of the window.

Then he notices the unarmed girl.

"Hey!" He whispered, successfully getting her attention, "Joanna! Up here!"

She looked at him blankly.

"Joanna? No? My bad sorry, here catch" he said as he dropped the gun into her hands and closed the window.

Jo looked at the metal object in her hands, she had never wielded any kind of weapon except a knife before she had no idea how to aim.

She didn't even know if it was loaded.

She looked at the rotting corpses which were heading towards her, about 14 of them getting ready to engulf her.

Her heart became more rapid at her hands trembled she lifted the gun and looked down the barrel, shooting blindly, missing every time.

But then she, out of pure lock, hit one right between the eyes. The sickos head exploding just centimeters from her fave, the blood splattering across her. She pulled the trigger again but nothing came out.

She threw the gun and fell to the floor scrambling under the rv.

Suddenly the walkers dropped dead one-by-one and two hands grabbed her.

Something and causing her to scratch her attacker/saviour.

Rick pulled her to her feet and clamped her shoulders with his hands, "Your ok!" He told her, making sure she knew.

Her eyes went fuzzy and she couldn't slow her breathing.

"Look at me! You. Are. Ok!" He told her again befote taking her hand and running with her.

The guy who killed her brother was saving her. How nice.

Published Monday 6th May 2024.

(Authors note: WOWZA  1133 WORDS (including the ones in bold) , This is defo a record (for this book) lmao.

Hello pineapples!!

Are you enjoying the story so far?

How has your day been?

Did you remember to drink something?

Have you had a rest????

****

What do you think about the decision over Amy's fate??)