PART TWO

I need to clean my dresser, but to do that I have to look at the pictures. I can't do that. I can't look at his stupid face.

He's the worst person I've ever met. He's so stupid and self centered.

"What's wrong, sweetie?" Mom asks, I didn't even realise that she walked into my room.

"I'm fine, nothing's wrong." I sit back down on my bed instead of cleaning up.

"You're crying." I touch my cheek and wipe the tears that I didn't even feel. She sits down next to me. "It takes time, honey. Let yourself feel sad."

"I'm not sad."

"You're so selfish! You're making this all about you!" Vylad yells.

I've never heard him yell like that.

"I'm allowed to grieve too, Vylad! I was the last person to see him alive!" I yell back.

"If it wasn't for you, he would still be alive!"

He's right.

If I never called him that night, he would still be alive.

If I never got in that car, he would still be alive.

If I never started arguing with him, he would still be alive.

If I never found out, he would still be alive.

He would still be alive.

He should still be alive.

Without another word, I grab my car keys and leave the Ro'meave household.

I get in my car and drive.

The streets are desolate, the only light illuminating them is coming from the street lamps. I drive.

No.

I speed.

I'm not going the speed limit, I'm going much faster. I don't know how much faster, the trees are blurring together with the lights. I take in a deep breath when I let go of the steering wheel.

"You're awake!"

I feel arms wrap around me.

"I'm sorry for yelling at you." I look over at Vylad.

"It's okay."

I take in the room, it looks like a hospital room. The walls are plain, only a picture of a flower makes it seem less dull. I don't know how I'm still alive.

"You crashed into a gate, thankfully, nothing really bad happened to you, only your car. You just have a few scratches. Why did you let go of the wheel? We saw the video on the red light camera."

'He didn't make it.'

'What?'

My body feels numb. I don't know if it's from the crash that the doctors told me happened or from the shock.

"Vylad, you're right. It's all my fault." I feel my tears fall like rain. I don't try to stop them. I'm going to let myself feel again.

He holds me.

"I should've never gotten mad at him for wanting to be with someone else. I should've stayed home. I shouldn't have gotten in the car with him. I shouldn't have argued with him."

It's been a week and I'm back to school. I don't walk with Dante this time.

I can feel everyone staring at me as if I'm some sort of monster from their dreams when I walk in.