"I failed again😞"

(Guys pretend grace and Brent broke up when they were freshman's and brierson started dating the same year)

Brent's POV:

We went out for a walk on the beach. No one was out there...it was peaceful and quiet. This was the perfect moment. I took the box out of my pocket. Pierson was just staring at the sunset. When we were packing I read her engagement and wedding plans and she said she wanted to get engaged on a beach in Florida. So that's what I'm trying to do. I tapped her shoulder and called her name countless times but I guess she was zoned out because she didn't answer me.

"Pierson"

"Piersonnn"

"Babe"

"Baby"

"Pierson Wodzynski"

"Pierson Alexa Wodzynski"

"Pierson Rivera!"

She still didn't answer. I put the ring box in my pocket and grabbed her hand. We kept walking.

"Were you calling my name?" Pierson asked

"Actually I wa-." I said as I was about to take the ring box out.

"OOOHH ICE CREAM!" Pierson yelled as she ran to a little ice cream place.

"Wait Pierson!" I yelled but it was too late

"BRENT COME ON!" She called summoning for me to come over.

I walked over there.

"Which flavor do you want? I'm getting mango" Pierson said pointing to the menu

"Oh I'll get chocolate" I said a little disappointed

"Something wrong?" She asked

"No I just hit my hand when I was walking over here" I lied

"Oh ok" Pierson said

She grabbed my hand gently and kissed it. We both blushed.

"That should make it feel better" Pierson said

I didn't make my hand feel better it made me feel better about the proposal.

We both smiled at each other. I pulled her closer to me by the waist and kissed her forehead. We got our ice cream and paid. Then we sat down on a bench and ate our ice cream.

We started walking. We were still eating our ice cream. I had finished mine tho. Pierson stop walking and licked her ice cream while she stared at the sunset. This was the perfect opportunity. I took the ring box out of my pocket. But then Pierson started crying like a little baby. Some pigeon had just swooped up her ice cream and because of pregnancy hormones she's crying. If she wasn't pregnant she would be laughing. I quickly put the box away and hugged her.

"Hey don't cry we'll just go buy you some more ice cream" I said trying to comfort her

"wealy?" Pierson asked in her cute baby voice

"Here get on my back" I said

I helped her get on my back and then we went to the ice cream place and got her another two scoops of mango ice cream and this time in a cup.

We started walking back to the hotel and Pierson was still on my back.

"Can I get some?" I asked putting her down

"Sure" Pierson said

She gave me a spoon of ice cream but it got all over my face. Then she wiped my face with her finger.

"Thanks" I said grabbing her by the waist and pulling her closer to me

"You're welcome" Pierson said

I kissed her forehead and we continued walking to the hotel.