Fractures ~ Part II of the Sun-Dragon Shards Series

"I better not get in trouble for this," Han muttered from Luna's side as he helped her the last few meters to a crate where he let her sit down. It had been little over two months since the girl had woken within the Rebel fleet. She had been working (overworking in Anakin's opinion) on getting her body back into some form of usefulness for about the same amount of time. The girl still couldn't walk long distances and, in theory, shouldn't be out of the medical wing quite yet. It would have been a different matter if she had managed to overcome her anxiety when it came to reaching for the Force, but as of yet that was still far more of an issue than Luna was comfortable with.

Therefore, in a play to prove both to herself and to everyone else that she was in fact well on the way to recovery, the girl had decided to be in the landing bay when Anakin and Luke returned from their more recent outing, an attempt to locate a new base for the Rebellion. Han had come across Luna when she was resting on the wall a few hallways away from the medbay and had taken it upon himself to help her the rest of the way to her destination.

Nice of him to do so, especially since they hadn't known each other that long. Of course, Luna did know that Han had a heart of gold underneath his gruff attitude, so she wasn't too surprised that he'd insisted on walking her. Sometimes Luna wondered how much she had actually missed when she'd be unconscious, as it seemed that she'd been accepted into the main group with no questions asked before she'd even awoken. It felt wrong really, to be treated so well by what were once her childhood heroes knowing less than a year ago she was trying to hunt them down.

Stranger still, to her at least, was how kind they all seemed to be. For Luke it made sense in a way—he had always been like that, open and overly trusting until he'd grown into himself and his power in the Force. In addition to that, simply by being Anakin's apprentice, he seemed to think that it defined Luna as a member of....the girl didn't want to say family but something like that. But that again made sense being that it was Luke.

Leia on the other hand? For some reason Luna got the sense the Princess was looking for a best friend or a female companion considering the surplus of men in the group that made up the Original Trilogy's protagonists. Ignoring the fact they hadn't, in the grand scheme of things, known each other all that long and that the ex-Sith apprentice had in fact tortured the Princess little over a year ago, there was still the fact that the brunette had far better things to do than trying to befriend Luna. And yet she seemed to be putting in work to get to know her.

So unless Luna was greatly mistaken, she was rather close to being friends with the Princess of Alderaan if said Princess didn't already consider her a friend. And the ex-Sith had no idea of what to do with that information. Wasn't even sure what Leia Organa of all people saw in her to think it worthwhile considering Luna was far from useful in her current state.

And then.... Then there was Han. Luna's working theory was that he was interested in getting to know her because Leia seemed to enjoy her company. They hadn't really spoken all that much, the Smuggler hanging out in the background for the most part the few times he'd visited Luna's room with the others and only entering conversations to either give his two cents or annoy Leia.

There were others of course: Luke's squad mates for the most part, though Luna was still learning their names with the exception of Wedge Antilles, but it was the Golden Trio of Star Wars that was really making the girl wonder.

And it didn't help that Luna still felt like she was a stranger in her own skin. It felt so wrong being surrounded by friendly Rebels after all those she'd killed. It didn't feel right being so accepted. Not seeing fear but compassion.

It was probably something the girl ought to discuss with Anakin. He must have gone through something similar when he first arrived. And yet, Luna had hesitated. There were multiple reasons for this, as she didn't know if she was ready to be vulnerable with the Jedi in that way. Foolish really, but as Luna had begun settling into her new circumstances, she'd come to the realization that it would be necessary for her to relearn how to trust all over again—something that had been hard enough when she didn't have memories demonstrating why it was a bad idea. For some reason it had been easier when she'd just woken up, when the full brunt of reality hadn't quite hit her. But while hit wouldn't be the word she used, Luna had finally come to relative terms with everything, enough so that she felt comfortable in saying that she was capable of moving one with her new reality.