11. Get away

"Morgan what the hell was that?" Lexie said storming into my room. "What do you mean" I stuttered "I don't feel good." "Don't even try to bullshit me Morgan I'm not stupid what are you taking" She said and I saw tears streaming down her face. "If i tell you will you please just not tell my mom. This will destroy her. Please" I begged.

"I won't but you need to tell me what's going on I'm going to help you" she said hugging me. "It all started a couple months ago it was supposed to be one time with my friends and now I can't stop" I cried. "Do you have anymore?" She asked. I shook my head "that was the last of it."

"Okay sweetheart here's the plan, you're going to spend the next week with me while you go through withdrawal, then from now on whenever you get urges you come tell me they once you're better were going to have to tell your mom but once she's in a better place, so pack your stuff we're going to my place in probably thirty minutes I'll talk to mer but I won't give details. Call me if you need me"

    I got a backpack out of my closet and started to fill it. Charger, toiletries, meds, clothes. "I'm ready to go" I whispered to Lex.

"Come here" Aunt Addie said waving me over "be safe sweet girl I love you, get better for me" she hugged me tight i think she was scared to let go. Scared to let go of me like she did my mother. I think sometimes people pretend I'm her. I mean I am the spitting image of her after all.

I walked out to her car placing my stuff in her backseat before getting in the front. "Okay so Im jus going to be straight with you Morgan, I need you to understand this is not just a get out of jail free card and I'm still pissed and i need you to be serious about working at this" she said still upset "I know I'm sorry believe me if i could go back and never let them convince me to take them I would" I cried "first of all who is they?" She asked. "Becca and Emily" I sighed "give me your phone" my aunt demanded. I watched as she blocked them as well as deleting their contacts.

    "You need to cut off everyone who could influence you to use" she decided "okay i will" i said through tears "i still love you and i always will morgan okay? You're my everything" she said holding my face in her hands "i love you to i'm sorry" i sobbed into her chest. "Okay let's get home Moe" she said putting the car into drive.

She must have texted Mark before home because the house was quiet. "Head to the room baby" she said directing me to the hallway. I always sleep in the guest room so it's officially unofficially mine.

    "I made you a smoothie" she said handing me the mason jar style cup. "Thank you" I smiled, she turned for the door "can you please stay?" I asked. "I'm going to check on Coop but I'll be back, will you be okay?" She asked, I nodded "I'll be right back"

Soon enough she came back and got into bed with me. "How do you feel?" She asked, "quite honestly like shit" i replied. "I know baby but I know you don't wanna hear this but I promise you it's for your own good" She said holding my cheeks in her palms "I know i'm trying I promise I just don't know if it's enough" I cried "It's always enough"

-------

The next morning all I remember is waking up and Aunt Lexie telling me we're going to the hospital.

"Look baby I'm not going to tell anyone if you don't tell anyone about your mom, if they ask she's on vacation, I wouldn't make you go if I had a choice but i'm interim chief of neuro in your moms absence" she said sitting with her arms around me and my head on her chest "I know, it's fine, It's probably good for me to get out anyways" I leaned against her more. It's like nothing bad could happen when I'm with her.

    The morning was slow. "hey Moe you want to come hang out?" Jo asked spotting me on a gurney. "Sure!" I hopped up.

    "So I've been thinking now that I don't have to worry about Paul finding me why haven't alex and I gotten married yet?" She confided in me "you want me to find out?" I suggested "wait could you actually?" She asked "yeah like I could totally disguise it as something else and ask" I continued.

    Aunt Lexie and Jo are probably best friends which is probably why she always talks to me. Im a perfect blend of the people who raised me, aunt mer, aunt lexie, uncle mark, uncle derek, and my mama. God I miss my mom. God I miss uncle derek, especially since I know he's never coming back. Shit hurts.

    Jo and I made it to the cafeteria to have lunch so i decided to go on a side quest "stay here a sec I'm going to go ask Mer something" I told her getting up to go see my aunt.

    "Meerrr" I smiled walking over to her "Momo how are you doing" she hugged me "pretty shitty but It's all good, how's mommy" I asked "she seems to be coming out of it I think we might be getting somewhere but god knows" he sighed

    "do you have any tea from Alex on why he's not marrying Jo?" I asked trying to get a report back for Jo "wait is she waiting for him he's waiting for her?" she asked confused "but he's the man?" I questioned "ill talk to him but you should probably get back to her before she questions this" Mer smiled "you're right" I nodded "I love you Moe I'm always here" She said "I love you too"

    "Fuck I'm being paged to the ER I hate being a 5th year it's literally like pergatory" Jo groaned "i see" I nodded "lll see you later" She patted my shoulder. 

    I was taking a lap around the hospital and saw Andrew in the basement alone seemingly staring at a wall. "You okay?" I asked sitting next to him. "Yeah im fine, what happened to your mom?" He asked confused "can't say" i replied "well why aren't you with her howd you get here" he asked growing more confused "Im staying with Lexie" I admitted "why?" He asked "I can't reveal that either" I laughed. "Does it have something to do with your mom?" He wondered "nope this is all me" i laughed awkwardly it was that or crying.

    "But whats wrong with you, why are you moping around in the basement?" I questioned. "Bad case, loss, frustrating" he revealed continuing to stare at the wall "Damn i'm sorry" I spoke "Probably sounds pathetic compared to whatever your doing" he laughed to himself. Damn he's just like me. "No your not pathetic Andrew your a good man I mean it" I smiled at him "look at me It's not your fault and I know it's frustrating but it's frustration that leads to medical mysteries being medical solutions" I said trying to cheer him up.

    "Thanks Morgan, you really are wise, you have to have a gift" he smiled "thank you happy to help" I smiled getting up to continue my lap.

    I went up to peds to hopefully find either Arizona or Alex. I was pretty bored by this point. "Zona!" I exclaimed "Aw Moe! What are you doing here" she smiled "you know about my mom right?" I asked "yeah Ive been talking to mer thats why im confused why you're here" she questioned "i did some bad stuff got sent to stay with Lexie for a bit" i admitted. Shes the only person I'm allowed to openly talk to, "I see."

    we kept chatting until eventually she had to go. The only good thing about growing up in the hospital is you get used to people leaving you.